12-09-2017, 02:05 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Just a quick question:

Came across a PS3 debugging station recently, so I have all CFW/DEX functions now. Is it possible to edit the contents of the Dealerships to include the hidden cars (Lunar Rover, M4 Frozen Black, and GT Academy cars) to make them available for purchase? Just a curiosity; I wonder if it could be done. Appreciate any response.
12-09-2017, 08:07 PM #2
Well i guess that could be done, but we'll need q-k or Razerman to get the exact answer.
12-11-2017, 06:20 AM #3
I'm new to this forum, but I bet it is very possible. I'm still very new to CFW and PS3 modding since the new exploit worked on my system thankfully. I do remember editing the manufacture data in GT1 through at least 4. Maybe it is most likely possible to port the GT Academy 2013 cars over, however. I think that game has different code compared to the final build of the game. If there is a way, I bet it would be altering the database to actually get a new manufacture to quite possibly work.
12-12-2017, 09:08 AM #4
Originally posted by PinKPanther1020 View Post
Well i guess that could be done, but we'll need q-k or Razerman to get the exact answer.

It's possible, been there done that. Didn't q-k share an update which had this already modded? Or was it just that all cars cost 1 cr?

Originally posted by 98 View Post
I'm new to this forum, but I bet it is very possible. I'm still very new to CFW and PS3 modding since the new exploit worked on my system thankfully. I do remember editing the manufacture data in GT1 through at least 4. Maybe it is most likely possible to port the GT Academy 2013 cars over, however. I think that game has different code compared to the final build of the game. If there is a way, I bet it would be altering the database to actually get a new manufacture to quite possibly work.

GT Academy 2013 is like a hybrid of GT5 and GT6. Tracks can be brought over but the cars have different file format. I recall there is a list of cars in the database and that has a InDealer value of 1 or 0 depending on whether the car is in the dealership or not. Just change them all to 1 and you have them all Smile. Or better yet, create a new row and parts list to get an already modded car in the dealership Eek
12-16-2017, 04:37 PM #5
Originally posted by razerman View Post
It's possible, been there done that. Didn't q-k share an update which had this already modded? Or was it just that all cars cost 1 cr?

Would that post happen to be You must login or register to view this content. regarding those findings? I was going to look at those PKGs, but the links have long been expired.

I'm relatively new to real-time modding for PS3 games as I just got ahold of an actual PS3 debugging station (DECH-2001A) from a former game dev for a great price, and since then I've been trying to find and document hidden content within PS3 games now that I have one. If my research is correct, I remember there being a file called "specdb.dat" that handles the visibility of content, but I could be wrong. I've been writing up as much as I can over at You must login or register to view this content.; that is the Gran Turismo 6 page. My primary concern is getting proper images of the content to document, such as images of cars, courses, screenshots of hidden things, and other details. The thumbnails for the cars in the Garage appear to be encrypted within the game files, unless there exists a tool to decrypt them.

Originally posted by razerman View Post
GT Academy 2013 is like a hybrid of GT5 and GT6. Tracks can be brought over but the cars have different file format. I recall there is a list of cars in the database and that has a InDealer value of 1 or 0 depending on whether the car is in the dealership or not. Just change them all to 1 and you have them all Smile. Or better yet, create a new row and parts list to get an already modded car in the dealership Eek

Very interesting to hear. A few others have accessed the other cars that are complete in the game, but we have yet to figure out a way to play as them, being that the Beginner Events have requirements in which none of the other cars are eligible to enter, thus rendering them unplayable.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo