01-25-2010, 06:07 PM #1
Shepleklet
u mad cuz ur ***git
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Like any good thread, this will include a poll! Smile So please vote AND vocalise your opinions in the form of a comment!

You must login or register to view this content.

Originally posted by another user
Before we indulge with details, I would like to say I hate Sony’s last minute marketing for their gaming exclusives. For this time in particular, the PS3 exclusive MAG hasn't yet released a TV spot in anticipation of the game(that I've seen). Sony’s overall quality in their PlayStation ad campaigns have improved thanks to the absence of crying robot babies, but they still market way to close to release dates for their prized exclusives. A game of MAG’s magnitude should have been advertised much more than it has been. The possibility of a 256-player FPS is mind boggling to most casual players who haven’t heard of MAG; when they finally get to see the commercials it may be too late to capture that market.

The late marketing problem has been around for a while regarding PlayStation products; Sony doesn’t seem to prefer anticipation for their games; they’d rather post advertisements on release which can be a problem. Lets be honest here; if you go to any gaming retailer and nobody is talking about your product a week before release it’s likely to fail in sales due to lack of marketing. It’s sad to say that MAG may be heading down the dreaded route of titles that were great but the community wasn’t there. Don’t get me wrong, MAG is an excellent game, the technical achievement in 256 players online simultaneously is astounding; it is just sad to see the game possibly go under appreciated.

When MAG was shown at E3 2009 it looked decent; of course nobody believed Zipper could pull off 256 players on 1 battlefield. The differences between MAG’s early beta and current build are “night and day”. When I first took part in September's MAG beta it really didn’t interest me much; the game was choppy, and it had very poor graphics. The current beta 5 build of the game improved on many of the complaints for MAG, it became much smoother and the graphics improved; I also took part in my first 256 player battle completely lag free. Zipper took all the criticism for their title and improved it dramatically; the retail build of MAG should even succeed the final beta.

It is possible that MAG can rely on Zipper’s Socom fans to support the game regardless. Over the years many have been waiting and hoping for a Socom 3 successor from the famed developer; instead Six Slant developed Socom Confrontation which didn’t have a smooth launch. This will be Zipper’s first title released on a next gen console. Due to MAG’s epic scale battles the game will need a dedicated community to compensate for 256 player matches. Other FPS(s) won’t have the problems MAG will likely have because many of them typically have less than 32 players in one room.

You must login or register to view this content.

MAG is one of those rare titles that could effectively shift the argument between the Playstation Network and Xbox Live users. We can debate time and time again regarding Sony’s free Playstationn Network versus Microsoft’s premium Xbox Live Gold fees. The thought of Sony not advertising a 256 player FPS well enough that would defiantly appeal to the Xbox 360 crowd is insane yet possible. With online multiplayer gameplay becoming so mainstream, a title like MAG would be a major selling point.

The initial thoughts on the MAG beta were, in all honesty, pretty unacceptable. Being on Xbox myself, I never witnessed the anticipation and disappointment of the beta. Threads being posted all over the internet about recieving beta key's, people being scammed for a beta code and so much more. When people finally had a fair, un-biased play on it they saw it for what it was. Just another failed project by yet another average game maker.
Do you think the game, when released to the public, will be a failure or do you think it will live on to be another classic game? You decide. Comment on what you think of this, and remember, no flaming because these are just my opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs! Smile

Long story short: Are you purchasing MAG?
Last edited by Shepleklet ; 01-25-2010 at 07:05 PM.

The following user thanked Shepleklet for this useful post:

ShAdoW_RiDa
01-25-2010, 06:32 PM #2
Dank
Not Former Staff
I was in the recent beta and enjoyed it. I never lagged at all for that entire week. I think it should be a great game and i probably will buy it. Only time will tell if it fails or triumphs.
01-25-2010, 06:44 PM #3
cr1t1c4l1404
uǝʞoɹq ǝ1ʇıʇ ɹǝsn
The beta was good so i cant wait to buy the game.

If IW keep dicking their customers around with lack of support i think M.A.G will be getting alot of loyal COD fans heading their way.
01-25-2010, 06:51 PM #4
ShAdoW_RiDa
Former Blue Mod
I haven't played the beta,nor will I buy the game. I chose it will fail because I don't like the look of it,so I think it looks shit. Also,it should fail for trying to rival MW2 and people actually COMPARING it to MW2.
01-25-2010, 06:51 PM #5
Default Avatar
Schwalm
I won't let MAG fail Upside Down Happy also every game Zipper puts out, I end up playing it foreverrrrr
01-25-2010, 07:17 PM #6
MAG will not fail. The games servers had not been tested to the best capacity it could have bin in the pre-order beta. I was in the beta right from the private beta and has changed and improved in lots of ways. As you will have not seen and have not been there the way through you will see the servers were never tested like in the open beta. If you think about it, its a whole new type of networking and server bulid. The servers were stress tested and in the end proved they can hold 256 players in one game but millions playing on the game at one time. You should have expected failures to occur when the beta first opened all those logging on exceeded the maximum amount of players that had been on before. Over all it will have more guns,maps, better graphics in the final product in a few days, if it was normal everything on the beta it would be 32gb downloasd or something. This game will not fail and like many other sony/zipper fans i promise you this will be a instant hit. My closest game shop said to me everyone just seems to be pre-ordering this game.

So on behalf of all MAG fans or haters. Never say MAG will fail. The beta proved you wrong so the final game will too

"just my opinion you may like or dislike i dont care if you dislike"

thanks born2destroy

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Originally posted by RiDa View Post
I haven't played the beta,nor will I buy the game. I chose it will fail because I don't like the look of it,so I think it looks shit. Also,it should fail for trying to rival MW2 and people actually COMPARING it to MW2.

You should have took your time to play the beta and you should pick up the final product. You cant say a game will fail by the looks. A game isnt designed on just looks. Also what you will have seen is the beta you really think graphics are going to be maxed out in a beta so the download size is bigger i dont think so. Its not supposed to challenge mw2 (Modded warfare or lag fast as i hear its called). They game is based on team work, you have less lag and more fun. Theres no campers( if you camp you die). The game will not fail and keep that in mind "Games are not based on looks, and betas do not represent the final game" and stop bumming cod its so nooby and boring now
01-25-2010, 07:21 PM #7
Oc
****ING NINJA SHIT
Zipper made MAG, so it wont fail.
the beta was awesome! but i don't have money for the full game, so i can't buy it.
01-25-2010, 07:26 PM #8
ShAdoW_RiDa
Former Blue Mod
Originally posted by born2destroy View Post
MAG will not fail. The games servers had not been tested to the best capacity it could have bin in the pre-order beta. I was in the beta right from the private beta and has changed and improved in lots of ways. As you will have not seen and have not been there the way through you will see the servers were never tested like in the open beta. If you think about it, its a whole new type of networking and server bulid. The servers were stress tested and in the end proved they can hold 256 players in one game but millions playing on the game at one time. You should have expected failures to occur when the beta first opened all those logging on exceeded the maximum amount of players that had been on before. Over all it will have more guns,maps, better graphics in the final product in a few days, if it was normal everything on the beta it would be 32gb downloasd or something. This game will not fail and like many other sony/zipper fans i promise you this will be a instant hit. My closest game shop said to me everyone just seems to be pre-ordering this game.

So on behalf of all MAG fans or haters. Never say MAG will fail. The beta proved you wrong so the final game will too

"just my opinion you may like or dislike i dont care if you dislike"

thanks born2destroy

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

You should have took your time to play the beta and you should pick up the final product. You cant say a game will fail by the looks. A game isnt designed on just looks. Also what you will have seen is the beta you really think graphics are going to be maxed out in a beta so the download size is bigger i dont think so. Its not supposed to challenge mw2 (Modded warfare or lag fast as i hear its called). They game is based on team work, you have less lag and more fun. Theres no campers( if you camp you die). The game will not fail and keep that in mind "Games are not based on looks, and betas do not represent the final game" and stop bumming cod its so nooby and boring now

I had the beta,but I'd rather earn money than play a game I don't like the looks of,I made £20 off it!!
01-25-2010, 07:28 PM #9
gamekilla
★☆NGU Member☆★
i hate the controllers :(
01-25-2010, 08:25 PM #10
Retard, the controller isn't going to change for this game.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo