01-27-2010, 12:36 AM #1
Steve
Ex-News Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hearing mixed reviews from people about a Turtle Beach headset?

You must login or register to view this content.

Well now i'm here to give you my review, and what i think about the Ear Force P21's
everything is very loud and clear, great for any type of gameplay when it comes to war games like the Call of Duty series. With this mic you can hear just about everything except in Modern Warfare 2 some people complained about how you can't hear Ninja Pro, that is because you cannot hear your footsteps at all, people think that you can hear it because in (CoD4) you could hear Dead Silence.

This mic will actually effect your gameplay, i used to have a K/d Ratio of 1.08 and since i have gotten the P21's it went up to a 1.11 and is rising at a high rate of speed. I used to get about 25-40 kills a game in demolition for Mw2 and now i'm getting about 50+ each game and a low amount of deaths. Because i could hear everyone's footsteps i was in a Sabotage and was forced into a Overtime (1 Life) i managed to pull of a 1v6 Clutch...That would of never happened without this mic, i'll admit before i had this headset i was terrible at any CoD game.

Cool Features:
Chat Volume
Game Volume
Bass Volume
Expander-ok so the expander feature on this mic since the game and chat are coming through the same set of speakers you sometimes can't hear your friends talking, so the expander (When enabled) is great, Example: Talking to your friend car blows up beside you and you didn't hear your friend? Not anymore with the expander on when the game gets louder so does your friend.
Mute Mic
Super Comfy headset
larger ear muffs 1. for comfortability 2. to block out, outside noise.
Rotatable earmuffs so you can wear your headset around your neck when not in use.

Final say:
people always tell you to "Get the MLG Astro's they are so much better" In my opinion i think the Turtle Beaches are a steal!

My rating 5/5

Bottom Line:
Astro's are to much money
and Turtle Beach Ear Force P21's are amazing
Yes i would suggest this to a friend.
Great Mic worth the money ($79.95)

P.S. I had permission for this.
Last edited by Steve ; 03-04-2010 at 12:40 AM.

The following 8 users say thank you to Steve for this useful post:

A_Fast_Black_Guy, AgentJon, Aule, Carbon0x, Clutch Hunterr, MajorSniper, RedKnight
01-27-2010, 08:51 PM #20
Steve
Ex-News Staff
Originally posted by arvinder View Post
I dream of getting this. Right now I use a dollar store PC mic with another dollar store converter. I got a headset for under $3. Beat that.

lmao probably the crappiest headset in the world?

Originally posted by glitchplz View Post
Can you compare this to a triton or a40 if you have had experience with them please

No i have never tried out the A40's, although Im_NighTsesh has a great in-depth review on them.
Also i've never tried out the Trittons this is my first actual "Good" gaming headset.
The Trittons looked uncomfortable and even some of the reviews on them said that, the P21's are great as far as feeling goes.
Last edited by Steve ; 01-27-2010 at 08:56 PM.
01-27-2010, 09:06 PM #21
Originally posted by xKoHo
lmao probably the crappiest headset in the world?

Lol no, pretty good. I've had it for about a month and a half and they still work good. I've accidentally tripped over the wire and yanked on it pretty hard but it still works good Smile
01-27-2010, 09:14 PM #22
i_qwik-scopes
irsh and proud
its headphones 2 got mines on amazon 60 pounds.
01-27-2010, 09:18 PM #23
i have and love them, very good headset, got mine for $59.99 at best buy(on sale)
01-27-2010, 10:05 PM #24
Steve
Ex-News Staff
Originally posted by tcc View Post
i have and love them, very good headset, got mine for $59.99 at best buy(on sale)

That was a steal!
01-27-2010, 11:23 PM #25
Under Alts Bed
x x x x x x x x x x x x x
Originally posted by AgentJon View Post
Ha, no not really. You don't even need a mic to play the game, only to talk to friends and talk shit in the lobby. If you get this mic, it helps your skill, that's a bit low, buying things to help you at a video game, that makes me laugh.

It doesnt just make you better, it makes the game more fun because you do better.

I have the X11's for xbox, and im the same, they're great! Not so much for me for demo and TDM but for S&Awesome face and HCS&Awesome face they are amazing.

The only problem i have with turtle beaches is that they give me a headache after a while >.< cos its so loud Happy
01-28-2010, 05:48 AM #26
Steve
Ex-News Staff
Originally posted by tA.
It doesnt just make you better, it makes the game more fun because you do better.

I have the X11's for xbox, and im the same, they're great! Not so much for me for demo and TDM but for S&Awesome face and HCS&Awesome face they are amazing.

The only problem i have with turtle beaches is that they give me a headache after a while >.< cos its so loud Happy

You do know you can set the volume. Right? Lol
01-28-2010, 06:04 AM #27
That's what I have, except for Xbox. They're almost the same thing Except for Xbox they're white and grey (I wish they were black :( ).
01-28-2010, 07:19 AM #28
79$ is like 55UK money over here, so that is pretty good.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo