12-05-2015, 11:09 AM #1
PawnModz
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So my PS3's laser got broken a while ago. Then the new laser came and we replaced the old laser with the new one. When we tried to see if a ps3 game would load, the spinning mechanism wasn't spinning. Anyone know how to fix? I'll be very thankful!
12-05-2015, 11:17 AM #2
Gryphus
Former Super Moderator
Originally posted by PawnModz View Post
So my PS3's laser got broken a while ago. Then the new laser came and we replaced the old laser with the new one. When we tried to see if a ps3 game would load, the spinning mechanism wasn't spinning. Anyone know how to fix? I'll be very thankful!

Have you checked the trey alignment ? if not balanced it can cause the disc mechanism to not function properly.
12-05-2015, 11:19 AM #3
Helping-Hand
Cake is a lie
So my PS3's laser got broken a while ago. Then the new laser came and we replaced the old laser with the new one. When we tried to see if a ps3 game would load, the spinning mechanism wasn't spinning. Anyone know how to fix? I'll be very thankful!

Did you replace the laser properly? Or did you replace the Blu Ray Drive? Since if it's only the laser you've changed, you must have installed it incorrectly...
12-05-2015, 11:23 AM #4
PawnModz
Bounty hunter
Yeah we only replaced the laser. But there is something else too. The laser only reads when it is pointed downwards...
12-05-2015, 11:24 AM #5
PawnModz
Bounty hunter
I will check soon!
12-05-2015, 11:30 AM #6
Helping-Hand
Cake is a lie
Yeah we only replaced the laser. But there is something else too. The laser only reads when it is pointed downwards...

Did you make sure that the magnetic tray was placed back correctly...
12-05-2015, 11:39 AM #7
PawnModz
Bounty hunter
the magnetic little thing you mean? Yes
12-05-2015, 11:47 AM #8
Helping-Hand
Cake is a lie
the magnetic little thing you mean? Yes

Use the quote button when you reply to people since they get a notification... also when you say pointing downwards do you mean when the PS3 is on it's side or belly?
12-05-2015, 05:40 PM #9
PawnModz
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Hand View Post
Use the quote button when you reply to people since they get a notification... also when you say pointing downwards do you mean when the PS3 is on it's side or belly?

no. Well, yes. But when you press the eject disc button on the ps3, the laser and disc tray is pointing downwards so the disc could come out. But the laser is only active when you press the eject button.
can this have something to with the spin mechanism isn't spinning?
12-07-2015, 09:23 AM #10
Helping-Hand
Cake is a lie
no. Well, yes. But when you press the eject disc button on the ps3, the laser and disc tray is pointing downwards so the disc could come out. But the laser is only active when you press the eject button.
can this have something to with the spin mechanism isn't spinning?

It could be that you've installed it incorrectly, did you look at a video or was this by experience... since, it should be spinning normal. It could also be that possibly you didn't place the silver rods in correctly.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo