I am having trouble connecting my ps3 to my TV. Before i get the same answer result as in every FAQ ever, i want to say that this is more than holding the power button till a beep or 2. Firstly, i did a complete dismantle of the ps3, all the way to the motherboard. It was working just fine before i opened it, i was doing a demonstration for my friend. Of course, i had done this countless other times to help my friends with their PS3 issues, but i had never had an issue like this before. The HDMI port looks fine, and i used my friends ps3 on the same TV and the same HDMI so i know those are not broken. This leaves only room to assume that the HDMI port on the ps3 is broken. I looked at the port from the inside and outside and i don't see a difference between pictures online of working ports. all the pins are the same and everything. The model number is CECH-2501A. One more clue that i may not be interpreting right is that the HDD drive does not load correctly. it flashes for a little, then once more, then stays off until i hold the power button to turn it off. Right before it turns off, the HDD light shines and then the ps3 turns off. even without the HDD, the ps3 should ask me to put in an HDD to use but i don't get that message either. if someone has an idea of something i may have missed while reassembling it, feel free to tell me. here are the steps i took to reassemble so far (should work because it worked on other models):
1. put metal case around motherboard and screw it all in
2. connect the fan to the board
3. put in HDD drive
4. connect power button ribbon to ps3
5. connect power supply to metal tongs on board and connect it both to the board from the left side and the power cable on the right
6. Turn it on
That should be everything i need to run the ps3. i dont need the blu ray drive, i dont need the metal controller antennas
1. everything turns on correctly, the fan is spinning, i have a solid green light, but i dont see a display or attempt to display on TV. My TV doesn't even sense it is connected and it is turned on like it should. i do, however, need to hold the power for it to turn back off. that means its not booting correctly like it should.
2. The controller does not connect to the ps3 on a wired connection
3. It has connected to my TV before in this state. i had this problem yesterday and i left it alone for 10 minutes and then it worked for whatever reason.
Please let me know if i forgot something in the reassembly