Post: PS3 Slim turns on for 15-20 seconds, nothing displays on HDMI, then shuts off.
12-18-2016, 09:41 AM #1
Ace Hood
Space Ninja
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This happened two days ago, and it happened now, I just waited a few minutes and now it turned on, but I had to set the date up again. What is causing this and how do I fix it to prevent this in the future?
12-18-2016, 11:56 AM #2
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Ace
This happened two days ago, and it happened now, I just waited a few minutes and now it turned on, but I had to set the date up again. What is causing this and how do I fix it to prevent this in the future?

date resetting might be the battery but the console shutting off like that idk, might be caused from psu not pulling another power but could even be a worse issue, when it shuts off does it have a Red blinking light or does it just go black and you have to unplug it and plug it back in?
12-18-2016, 12:05 PM #3
Ace Hood
Space Ninja
Originally posted by JFT View Post
date resetting might be the battery but the console shutting off like that idk, might be caused from psu not pulling another power but could even be a worse issue, when it shuts off does it have a Red blinking light or does it just go black and you have to unplug it and plug it back in?

When I turn it on, and it shuts off automatically the red light blinks as it normally should. Idk this is weird but only happens randomly..
12-18-2016, 12:12 PM #4
ymh
Treasure hunter
is this after being used recently or even when you try use it while its cold?
12-20-2016, 03:03 PM #5
Originally posted by Ace
This happened two days ago, and it happened now, I just waited a few minutes and now it turned on, but I had to set the date up again. What is causing this and how do I fix it to prevent this in the future?

this sounds like it could be the cmos battery...
if not there is something else fucked on your motherboard
12-21-2016, 04:36 AM #6
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Je
this sounds like it could be the cmos battery...
if not there is something else fucked on your motherboard

always possible, but i had one go flat and it didn't make my console shut off just keep resetting the date.

The following user thanked ymh for this useful post:

Dro
12-21-2016, 09:15 PM #7
always possible, but i had one go flat and it didn't make my console shut off just keep resetting the date.

i have had a few do that before and i normally just chuck them out tbh
12-22-2016, 01:18 AM #8
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by Je
i have had a few do that before and i normally just chuck them out tbh

you chuck the ps3?
12-22-2016, 01:40 AM #9
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Dro View Post
you chuck the ps3?

who tf would do that? be like people who have a failed disc drive and throw the thing in the bin. makes little to no sense, i'd only throw a console out if the motherboard has serious damage, light damage to tracers and pads can always be fix but big chunks missing from board or lots of deep scratches or if the motherboard is really soft or bent. i would not bother fixing, as for YLOD consoles i don't own the equipment to do it at home so i just sell them off, unless there banned. in that case i desolder the parts and sell certain parts off the board that people might need such as port jacks etc. i haven't done that with the 2 old cfw's though as one is has my online real cid i use now on my main console and the other i wanna fix one day.
12-22-2016, 02:14 PM #10
who tf would do that? be like people who have a failed disc drive and throw the thing in the bin. makes little to no sense, i'd only throw a console out if the motherboard has serious damage, light damage to tracers and pads can always be fix but big chunks missing from board or lots of deep scratches or if the motherboard is really soft or bent. i would not bother fixing, as for YLOD consoles i don't own the equipment to do it at home so i just sell them off, unless there banned. in that case i desolder the parts and sell certain parts off the board that people might need such as port jacks etc. i haven't done that with the 2 old cfw's though as one is has my online real cid i use now on my main console and the other i wanna fix one day.

the point is.. a ps3 is worth about £40 to £50 and is not worth my time with any sort of damage apart from disk drive problems...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo