10-24-2018, 12:36 AM #1
Assoundly
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So my PS3 is being a fucking dickhead. Everytime I try to play a game, it will start to load it, but then go into safe mode. BO2 for example: I have tried WebMAN and Disc version, both have this problem: Start the game from XMB, Game loads. The icon for the game to be loading works, but then it "shuts off" or boots into a safemode like system. It displays the words, "Connect the controller using a USB cable, and then press the PS Button." I do this, it then gives me a list of shit that I'm not gonna type lol, but it tells me that "The system software cannot be run correctly. Please press the PS Button to try to restart the system." It then says that if it can't be restarted, plug in storage media and then update it, but every time it restarts perfectly fine. I've deleted the game files, I've gone into multiman and deleted everything that corresponds to the games I've done this with (GTA V and BO2). I really need help..

TLHappyR My PS3 goes to safe mode when I play games, help.
10-24-2018, 01:38 AM #11
Assoundly
Save Point
Originally posted by Like View Post
Only updates you can do without a USB or E3 Flasher of some sort would be the Sony OFW updates as far as im aware, so no.

Rebuilding my database didn't work BTW
10-24-2018, 01:50 AM #12
Rocket League <3
Originally posted by Assoundly View Post
Rebuilding my database didn't work BTW

Alright i didnt think it would but id suggest updating to 4.82.2.
10-24-2018, 08:40 AM #13
Calculus
[MOVE]Welcome to NGU![/MOVE]
Originally posted by Assoundly View Post
So my PS3 is being a fucking dickhead. Everytime I try to play a game, it will start to load it, but then go into safe mode. BO2 for example: I have tried WebMAN and Disc version, both have this problem: Start the game from XMB, Game loads. The icon for the game to be loading works, but then it "shuts off" or boots into a safemode like system. It displays the words, "Connect the controller using a USB cable, and then press the PS Button." I do this, it then gives me a list of shit that I'm not gonna type lol, but it tells me that "The system software cannot be run correctly. Please press the PS Button to try to restart the system." It then says that if it can't be restarted, plug in storage media and then update it, but every time it restarts perfectly fine. I've deleted the game files, I've gone into multiman and deleted everything that corresponds to the games I've done this with (GTA V and BO2). I really need help..

TLHappyR My PS3 goes to safe mode when I play games, help.

If you can transfer files via FTP and you are on DEX then you can update CFW that way. all you need is to make a folder in dev_hdd0 named "updater" or something like that. I don't remember exactly. Now i suggest deleting all the games and associate files that cause problems and reinstall them.
12-19-2018, 05:43 AM #14
Assoundly
Save Point
Originally posted by Like View Post

Hey I found the solution to this. It's Webman. Disabling Webman and cobra fixes the issue. You still have to delete your game files however and from what I know, there's no bypassing that. You can re-enable webman and cobra after though.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo