12-02-2012, 06:33 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); There is a lot of talk about a 4.31 JB. All of the jailbreaks out their use a private key for 3.55 and the pkg sign key for the 3.55. This means that you can only install it on 3.55 or lower.

Why we can't find the 4.31 private keys?
The reason why is because its almost IMPOSSIBLE. 3.55 and lower didn't have encrypted keys but every other firmware higher than that does. That is why we have been stuck at the 3.55 CFW for years. The private key for 4.31 is in the trillions or more plus it has a digital signature. The chances of a 3.56+ are VERY slim. So don't count on it and if you find a youtube video saying that there is. Its a fake.

Why was there a 4.10 CFW then?
It wasn't a CFW, it was a MFW which means it has demo mode on it. Also it doesn't have the private keys and the pkg sign keys. That's why you couldn't install pkg files on it.

How did Geohot JB PS3 then?
Back before 3.56 there was no encrypted private and pkg file key. This made it much easier to find it and modify it.

If you have any questions ask me!

The following 3 users say thank you to Dr. Mayham for this useful post:

Ace Hood, jborgadog,

The following 11 users groaned at Dr. Mayham for this awful post:

ϟ c0rruption ϟ, Eddie Mac, GE90, H41822, iCreative, kingpukka, SC58, Script Kiddie, TheFuture, Richtofen
12-05-2012, 01:50 AM #11
Originally posted by master0wn3r View Post
Actually there was a encrypted private key, but the encrypt system (ECDSA) didnt work correctly on 3.55 or lower.
On 3.60+ the ECDSA bug was fixed, and worked as it should.
So now the encrytion uses a random number every time for every user for every hour
But on 3.55 it took the same number for every time every user every hour.
And it was broken that bad that they could easilly put in just random numbers and the PS3 still thought is was official Sony file

It's not that it wasn't intentional, Sony just never thought it'd be that simple for someone to find the keys. So it technically wasn't a bug as it was intentional until Sony was smart enough to allow for random algorithms making it almost impossible.

And as it to being random numbers, that's false. It was a set variable. A LONG time ago back in the day of real PS3 modding when linux was still available, is what's allowed us to get this far in the first place.

For anyone who knows me, they will know that I know what I'm talking about.
Last edited by EnVy_AsTrO ; 12-05-2012 at 01:53 AM.
12-05-2012, 03:22 AM #12
You guys forgot about Kiosk firmwares Winky Winky they have many theories of having *Install Package files and to having homebrew again on ofw if people WERE smart enough to use them fully potential! this goes for devs too out there!

The following 2 users groaned at MrDmoney156 for this awful post:

ϟ c0rruption ϟ, Dr. Mayham
12-05-2012, 05:28 AM #13
Originally posted by MrDmoney156 View Post
You guys forgot about Kiosk firmwares Winky Winky they have many theories of having *Install Package files and to having homebrew again on ofw if people WERE smart enough to use them fully potential! this goes for devs too out there!

If there was a firmware to install on 3.56+ OFW, it would be all over the psx scene.

The following user thanked Dr. Mayham for this useful post:

jborgadog
12-05-2012, 11:42 AM #14
Zlimes
Banned
your 100% right, people say they can make 4.31 jb and it is real, , i even know that it isnt reall, i am not 100 % smart about ps3 but i know
12-05-2012, 12:15 PM #15
spudeeelad
I defeated!
jezz no wonder the PS3 scene sucks ass! no offense to many linux loving devs to even care less about the damn scene for those who Patiencely waiting for a solution to install or downgrade to cfw from ofw (Those who bought a PS3 this year or 2011 last year) and wanted to hack their consoles finally and realise they can't!! yet they care more about stupid 3.55 rather than having no progress at all! :( sad i tell you smdh!

Are you actually stupid? I suggest you do some research on ECDSA before you make such ridiculous comments. Firstly, ECDSA algorithm is LITERALLY IMPOSIBLE to crack - even the world's most powerful computer would take roughly 665 million, yes MILLION, years to crack it.

Then you take into account the following things;
1) Moore's law states that we double the power of our computers every year, therefore, in roughly 60 years, there will be a super computer powerful enough to crack it in a fairly quick timescale.
2) IF the ECDSA Algorithm was ever cracked, it would compromise GLOBAL security, not just Sony because things like online banking and intelligence agencies use this kind of encryption.
3) By the time Moore's law takes effect in this case, half of us reading this thread will be dead and if we're lucky enough to not be, i'm pretty sure PS3 will be loooooonnnngggg outdated and we won't care by then.
4) By the time Moore's law does allow the ECDSA Algorithm to be compromised, something else will have been dreamed up and implemented.

The following user thanked spudeeelad for this useful post:

Swifter
12-05-2012, 05:49 PM #16
Fuck you, whatever you say it's true to what your saying but this is now to what im talking about, firstly WE actually DO have dev software that WE can availabilly use up to now atm but the problem is we need more work and deeper research on this stuff and yet all we caring about is dumbass linux and gay ass outdated 3.55 firmware bullshit because you don't think logically outside to other shit we have and think of ways to still put into good use. i can named a few stuff we can use but your just too dumb to figure that out!

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

you forgot about GlitchyJoey's kiosk installation on ofw PS3 and fyi it does work but it just needs more work and actual working signed or sony packages.
12-06-2012, 11:43 PM #17
jborgadog
Save Point
Fuck you, whatever you say it's true to what your saying but this is now to what im talking about, firstly WE actually DO have dev software that WE can availabilly use up to now atm but the problem is we need more work and deeper research on this stuff and yet all we caring about is dumbass linux and gay ass outdated 3.55 firmware bullshit because you don't think logically outside to other shit we have and think of ways to still put into good use. i can named a few stuff we can use but your just too dumb to figure that out!

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

you forgot about GlitchyJoey's kiosk installation on ofw PS3 and fyi it does work but it just needs more work and actual working signed or sony packages.

A kiosk firmware is kinda a fake FW. If it dosn't have the private keys encrypted into it, it's fake and the PKG files don't work. Also it was on demo mode, which means even a signed ps3 pkg file won't install on it! That is why you couldn't install anything from the PSN Store.
12-07-2012, 01:21 AM #18
Not unless you do some XMB xml/rco modding on kiosk pup and repackage it and install it on ofw via cross-grading look it up!! You must login or register to view this content. & You must login or register to view this content.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo