02-11-2013, 11:04 AM #1
powerdrome
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm running Rogero4.30 v2.03 and i'm going to upgrade the internal HDD.
2 questions?
1.HDSad Awesome should i just swap the new disk, format and install rogero 4.30 v.2.03 as i did when i jailbreaked? or do i need to downgrade...
2.backup: will the ps3 system backup save and hold all my data like GAMES, psn, Multiman, etc?

Thanks
02-11-2013, 11:19 AM #2
Originally posted by powerdrome View Post
I'm running Rogero4.30 v2.03 and i'm going to upgrade the internal HDD.
2 questions?
1.HDSad Awesome should i just swap the new disk, format and install rogero 4.30 v.2.03 as i did when i jailbreaked? or do i need to downgrade...
2.backup: will the ps3 system backup save and hold all my data like GAMES, psn, Multiman, etc?

Thanks

I would advise you to backup your hard drive before switching (just for precautions) but once you switch the HDD's, it'll still be on the same firmware you left it at. So yes you can "Upgrade" the internal HDD.

1.Back Up HDD to USB
2.Remove and Insert "upgraded HDD"
3.Format and start using the PS3 with your new "upgraded HDD"
02-11-2013, 01:01 PM #3
powerdrome
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by HaXingInc View Post
I would advise you to backup your hard drive before switching (just for precautions) but once you switch the HDD's, it'll still be on the same firmware you left it at. So yes you can "Upgrade" the internal HDD.

1.Back Up HDD to USB
2.Remove and Insert "upgraded HDD"
3.Format and start using the PS3 with your new "upgraded HDD"

Thanks, but as long as i remember from other HDD upgrade with my OFW PS3, after installing the new HDD, it will ask for the firmware.
sa at this point i just install Rogero as i did when i first jailbreaked?
What about the backup? will it restore everything? also the GAMES folder...
02-11-2013, 09:12 PM #4
Originally posted by powerdrome View Post
Thanks, but as long as i remember from other HDD upgrade with my OFW PS3, after installing the new HDD, it will ask for the firmware.
sa at this point i just install Rogero as i did when i first jailbreaked?
What about the backup? will it restore everything? also the GAMES folder...

All you gotta do is just backup, Switch HDD and then Restore and you'll get everything you had before. You wont be asked to switch Firmware.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo