06-09-2013, 07:52 PM #1
bushes-OFKushes
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); hello NGU this tutorial/help is for the people who are having trouble with installing your e3 flasher on your cech-2001a or cech-2001b slim ps3 the proper way. im making this tut for this model because i've never seen anyone post help with this particular model anywhere in the scene. Ok if your e3 flasher is installed and you start your ps3 and the screen stays black or the screen come up but then your fan goes crazy fast and the ps3 beeps and turns off then this tutorial is for you! i had this issue before with my 1st time downgrading this model the issue here is that your clip isn't on the NOR chip properly. i tried the coin trick and it didnt help me but you can try putting 3 pennies or 2 nickels tapped to the top of your NOR clip. however when i removed the pennies it worked perfectly for me all you have to do is make sure your clip is secured on the top of the NOR chip so which ever method you choose it up to you try both tho if one isn't working. SO LETS GET STARTED.

METAL IN THE WAY OF RIBBON GOING TO THE HDD? then you want to remove the bottom piece of the HDD tray its hard to do so be very careful so you dont bend the metal whole metal plate. you can bend up the bottom piece as much as you want but the big metal plate piece be very careful. MAKE SURE YOU USE A PHILLIPS OR A FLAT HEAD SCREWDRIVER TO WORK YOUR WAY TO BEND THE PIECE OFF ITS SECURED ON THERE REALLY GOOD SO AGAIN BE CAREFUL. but once removed the metal will not be in your way thus giving you better connection and less chance at fucking up your ribbon.

1. OK lets start with this information, you take apart your ps3 the same as any other slim.

2. scrape a little bit of the plastic off the clips side where there are 2 very small transistors on the motherboard right next to the prongs or metal wire things next to the NOR chip (you must shave that little bit because the transistors keep the clip unnoticeably lifted off the chip, thus giving you a bad read/connection)

3. now run the clip's ribbon to your HDD area and make sure it can reach the e3 flasher so you can connect it from NOR chip to e3 flasher (DO NOT GET ANY TAPE ON THE MOTHERBOARD!!!).

4. now you can tape the ribbon to the top of the HDD port where your HDD plugs to the motherboard or you can leave it untapped (it doesn't matter) i recommend not using tape at all.

5. keep your blu-ray drive out so its less hassle if you need to take it apart again (you wont need your blu-ray driver reinstalled until you start flashing you firmware and the downgrade files to the NOR chip.)

6. now if your ps3 is booting up with the e3 flasher installed and there aren't any issues then you are perfectly fine to start the downgrade process which the next step links you to the proper tutorial.

7. read player420pk's downgrade tutorial very carefully and follow his directions You must login or register to view this content.

if i helped anyone let me know by posting or if you still need help then PM me i will be more than glad to help with anything i can also validate you flash dumps if you don't know how

PS

if i helped in anyway let me know and spread the thread so everyone with this problem can see how to fix it =]
06-10-2013, 07:02 AM #2
PrimeCreated
Climbing up the ladder
i use tape all the time never had any problem... i will upload pictures of how i modified my cage lol :mmm:
12-26-2014, 12:13 AM #3
Still doesn't fucking work!
12-26-2014, 12:26 AM #4
3ric_M0535
NextGenUpdate Elite
Nice tut but idk if this thread belongs in the questions and inquiries section lol.
07-31-2015, 01:47 AM #5
Platisfied
I am error
i Put Tape And Taped The Clip Down To The NOR Chip And i Have The Update.bin In The Micro SD Card And i Turn On My PS3 And i There's No Blue Light Or Screen Please Help ! ;(

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo