12-25-2013, 11:45 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I finally got my PS3 downgrading. Now I'm looking to put CFW on this PS3. Could someone please recommend the best and up to date CFW for my PS3? Also, I've been hearing you have to have a wired connection on your computer and PS3 to run DEX. How is this possible? Can't I just bridge the connections? Or does DEX work on Wi-Fi also.

I basically just need a tutorial on how to put CFW on my PS3. I've been looking, there is just so many I don't know what to choose and what would work. I'm on 3.55.
12-26-2013, 02:17 AM #2
☺☺☺☺☺
12-26-2013, 02:25 AM #3
Download either Kmeaw 3.55 or Rebug 3.55 and make a folder on your usb named PS3 then UPDATE (all CAPS) (make sure the update file is called PS3UPDAT.PUP or it would not work. Then plug it in to your ps3s USB port, and install. Then I reconmend getting your EID root key and QA Toggling you ps3 (there are tutorials for that, just use google). Then update to whatever CFW you want to use. If you want to go to DEX use DEREKTROTTERS Tut on that. And yes you need a wired connection but there are tutorials for for that too. Hope this helped

The following user thanked {OM}1337{OM} for this useful post:

JayMan4724
12-26-2013, 02:37 AM #4
tunde1992
League Champion
i recommend Rogero 4.50 v1.01
Update. Make sure no disc in Ps3 Before Updating .qa flag... blah blah

Stay on Cex , You can Now RTM on it , you dont need a wired connetion, it won't make your fan go crazy, there are a lot of Cex RTM tools, also its easier Happy.

The following user thanked tunde1992 for this useful post:

JayMan4724
12-26-2013, 03:08 AM #5
Dannie Fresh
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by JayMan4724 View Post
So I finally got my PS3 downgrading. Now I'm looking to put CFW on this PS3. Could someone please recommend the best and up to date CFW for my PS3? Also, I've been hearing you have to have a wired connection on your computer and PS3 to run DEX. How is this possible? Can't I just bridge the connections? Or does DEX work on Wi-Fi also.

I basically just need a tutorial on how to put CFW on my PS3. I've been looking, there is just so many I don't know what to choose and what would work. I'm on 3.55.

you should check out this thread
link: You must login or register to view this content.

i would recommend a higher cfw so you don't have to make game fixes for them to work on a lower cfw and well known names like rebug or rogero.

just do a little research before anything cus you don't want to mess up your ps3

hope this helps :yes:

The following user thanked Dannie Fresh for this useful post:

JayMan4724
12-26-2013, 06:29 AM #6
Originally posted by JayMan4724 View Post
So I finally got my PS3 downgrading. Now I'm looking to put CFW on this PS3. Could someone please recommend the best and up to date CFW for my PS3? Also, I've been hearing you have to have a wired connection on your computer and PS3 to run DEX. How is this possible? Can't I just bridge the connections? Or does DEX work on Wi-Fi also.

Also if you want to RTE and can't be bothered converting to DEX you can use CCAPI on Cex (and DEX) if you want.
12-27-2013, 04:49 PM #7
RichHomieQuan
Are you high?
I suggest PS3ITA 4.50 CFW I prefer that. Or Rebug, whatever one you thinks best for you.
12-27-2013, 04:55 PM #8
Buttah
Banned
You really shouldn't have considered entering the jailbreaking scene if you are completely unaware on what to do. You might end up bricking your console or converting it back to OFW through mishaps.

Good luck though.

The following user thanked Buttah for this useful post:

JayMan4724
12-27-2013, 08:54 PM #9
Originally posted by Particles View Post
You really shouldn't have considered entering the jailbreaking scene if you are completely unaware on what to do. You might end up bricking your console or converting it back to OFW through mishaps.

Good luck though.

I did exactly what you say, I just sold the 3.55 PS3 on eBay. Made $220 out of it so I'm not disappointed. But yeah, I had/have no idea what I'm doing. I just decided to let it go. Just not for me. Thanks guy's for the reply's and help.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo