Post: Please help : no disc icon after switching from Cobra to Rebug then dex
03-25-2014, 05:15 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi everyone,

Last night i bought a ps3 that was running 4.55 Cobra. I had a go and was not impressed. So i downgraded it to 3.55 with rogero 9.99 then installed 3.55 OFW then i installed QA Toggle and activaTED, and then installled EiD-Root_key and activated. Then i upgraded to rebug Rex 4.46 and installed blackbox and got my eid_root_key then i installed rebug toolbox and dumped flash memory. Then i Used C2D and created a Dex_Flash and compared it to my Cex_Flash with HXD. and after putting it on my usb and in usb001. switched the flash and changed LV2 and am succcessfully on Rebug DEX so next I upgraded cfw to D-REX 4.46

BUT..... now i have no access to games on disc EG- i put in a game and nothing happens and there is no icon displayed for when a game is inserted.

And also in backup managers such as psitamanager and irisman no cd appears when inserted.

Can some one please help me out with this problem im not sure what setting i have to change to correct this problem...
03-25-2014, 06:28 AM #2
FrenziosMix
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by Frank
Hi everyone,

Last night i bought a ps3 that was running 4.55 Cobra. I had a go and was not impressed. So i downgraded it to 3.55 with rogero 9.99 then installed 3.55 OFW then i installed QA Toggle and activaTED, and then installled EiD-Root_key and activated. Then i upgraded to rebug Rex 4.46 and installed blackbox and got my eid_root_key then i installed rebug toolbox and dumped flash memory. Then i Used C2D and created a Dex_Flash and compared it to my Cex_Flash with HXD. and after putting it on my usb and in usb001. switched the flash and changed LV2 and am succcessfully on Rebug DEX so next I upgraded cfw to D-REX 4.46

BUT..... now i have no access to games on disc EG- i put in a game and nothing happens and there is no icon displayed for when a game is inserted.

And also in backup managers such as psitamanager and irisman no cd appears when inserted.

Can some one please help me out with this problem im not sure what setting i have to change to correct this problem...

When i had this problem i opened up my ps3 and reconnected the disc drive, you should give it a try. If that don't work go back to CEX. Or just update to ofw and downgrade it again.
03-25-2014, 06:58 AM #3
Originally posted by FrenziosMix View Post
When i had this problem i opened up my ps3 and reconnected the disc drive, you should give it a try. If that don't work go back to CEX. Or just update to ofw and downgrade it again.

Hi thank you for your suggestion I just swapped my target ID and auto swap Lv2 now I'm on CeX rebug and I have the game disc icon back when game is inserted And auto plays game cd when inserted Any idea why no game disc icon when on Dex or auto load ?
03-25-2014, 07:02 AM #4
FrenziosMix
Who’s Jim Erased?
Hi thank you for your suggestion I just swapped my target ID and auto swap Lv2 now I'm on CeX rebug and I have the game disc icon back when game is inserted And auto plays game cd when inserted Any idea why no game disc icon when on Dex or auto load ?

Glad to hear that you have worked it out. To be honest i have no idea, you should be more careful with the swapping i guess. Smile
03-25-2014, 04:00 PM #5
libra7ry
I’m too L33T

What game manager are you using?
03-25-2014, 04:03 PM #6
Originally posted by libra7ry View Post
What game manager are you using?

Hi I'm trying with irismanager, psitamanager as I can't get MULTIMAN to work. I have a game icon when inserted on cex rebug4.46 but when I insert a game on Dex nothing happens no icon no load nothing.
03-25-2014, 04:07 PM #7
libra7ry
I’m too L33T
Hi I'm trying with irismanager, psitamanager as I can't get MULTIMAN to work. I have a game icon when inserted on cex rebug4.46 but when I insert a game on Dex nothing happens no icon no load nothing.

Install the MM CEX version and then look at the MM settings and see if you have BD-Rom emulator enabled
: You must login or register to view this content.
03-26-2014, 02:26 AM #8
Originally posted by libra7ry View Post
Install the MM CEX version and then look at the MM settings and see if you have BD-Rom emulator enabled
: You must login or register to view this content.

I got Multiman installed finally i had to switch to CEX then install MM it wouldnt run on DEX , But any way inside multiman i checked where you said to look and it says enabled You must login or register to view this content. i still have no game disc icon when a game is inserted on DEX ?? But its shows up on CEX ?
03-27-2014, 03:55 AM #9
Hi i have solved my problem of the game disc icon not showing up on Dex. I found someone else's post from psx-scene. com that had the same problem
1. Start PS3 and login
2. Ensure that BD drive mode is On
3. Hold the eject button for approx 10 secs till you hear a beep and whirring sound from the drive.
4. Restart the PS3
The icon should now be present and everything works ok

Thanx to that poster please close thread or leave open incase someone else has same problem.

Problem solved

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo