06-25-2015, 02:07 AM #1
Kronoaxis
You talkin to me?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); My issue: My CustomFirmware PS3 won't read any disc I put in it. This is a problem for me, as I was going to mod a game for someone. Not just that, but I was hoping to try something on another game. Anyways, it won't read any disc I input in it. (It's a PS3 Slim by the way.) Also, I noticed this happened after I was done playing Black Ops 2. (Was playing GTAV before that as well.)

What I've tried:

>Holding down the eject button with no disc inside.

>Setting my PS3 in another position. That was retarded, but I tried it anyways.

>I tried almost every single video possible on the Internet to try and fix this problem but nothing worked.

There's no way in hell Im sending it to Sony as they will not help. And if they do, they will give me a PS3 that is set on OFW like 3.66, etc. So, that's definitely a no. I don't feel like sending my PS3 to some dimwit over eBay or something that will most likely not fix it correctly. So I'm here on Ngu to ask you guys if you know any better solutions? My problem persist on a CFW and not a OFW, so I'm not sure if there's a fundamental difference in fixing possibilities..thanks!
06-25-2015, 02:42 PM #2
Default Avatar
Kas
Originally posted by Kronoaxis View Post
My issue: My CustomFirmware PS3 won't read any disc I put in it. This is a problem for me, as I was going to mod a game for someone. Not just that, but I was hoping to try something on another game. Anyways, it won't read any disc I input in it. (It's a PS3 Slim by the way.) Also, I noticed this happened after I was done playing Black Ops 2. (Was playing GTAV before that as well.)

What I've tried:

>Holding down the eject button with no disc inside.

>Setting my PS3 in another position. That was retarded, but I tried it anyways.

>I tried almost every single video possible on the Internet to try and fix this problem but nothing worked.

There's no way in hell Im sending it to Sony as they will not help. And if they do, they will give me a PS3 that is set on OFW like 3.66, etc. So, that's definitely a no. I don't feel like sending my PS3 to some dimwit over eBay or something that will most likely not fix it correctly. So I'm here on Ngu to ask you guys if you know any better solutions? My problem persist on a CFW and not a OFW, so I'm not sure if there's a fundamental difference in fixing possibilities..thanks!

Your blu ray drive may be broken by the sounds of it. Look on ebay and other sites at a new blu ray drive that will fit your ps3 & have a look on YouTube for tutorials on how to replace it. It's fairly easy to do if you follow a video.

The following user thanked Kas for this useful post:

Kronoaxis

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo