THREAD: PS3 Temperatures
  1. 07-21-2015, 09:13 PM
    DTKS
    Keeper
    DTKS
    Keeper
    NextGenUpdate
    My PS3 Slim is running hot ever since it fell... Right now it is placed in an open area, and i just changed the thermal paste with MX4 placed in 5 peas. I keep getting the warning notification. Exact temperatures right now are;

CELL Temperature: 71 C
    RSX Temperature: 84 C

At what temperature is it getting dangerous? Anybody got any tips, guides or experiences?
  2. 07-21-2015, 09:29 PM
    Sen
    :usa: :usa:
    Sen
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by DTKS View Post
    My PS3 Slim is running hot ever since it fell... Right now it is placed in an open area, and i just changed the thermal paste with MX4 placed in 5 peas. I keep getting the warning notification. Exact temperatures right now are;

At what temperature is it getting dangerous? Anybody got any tips, guides or experiences?

80 C is still fine, i would recommend to use webMAN or something like this which allows you to control your fan.
  3. 07-21-2015, 09:31 PM
    DTKS
    Keeper
    DTKS
    Keeper
    NextGenUpdate
    Apparently the fan can even go louder! And it wont stop either....

CELL Temperature: 52 C
    RSX Temperature: 51 C

Yay.
  4. 07-21-2015, 09:32 PM
    Coffee Bean
    Cake is a lie
    Coffee Bean
    Cake is a lie
    NextGenUpdate

When it fell it probably shifted the heat sinks. Plus what i recommend you do is see if the fan connector is not loose as this is a common problem with the slims (after being gutted) the fan plug is not soldered securely to the board so when unplugged it loosens the connection to the board. If everything is ok than use webman to control your temps by adjusting the fan speed.
  5. 07-21-2015, 09:33 PM
    Sen
    Sen
    NextGenUpdate
    Apparently the fan can even go louder! And it wont stop either....

CELL Temperature: 52 C
    RSX Temperature: 51 C

Yay.

Yes that's fine. It will go up after a while but that's totally okay, just make sure you always have your fan control running.
  6. 07-22-2015, 03:56 AM
    Kronos
    Former Staff
    Kronos
    Former Staff
    NextGenUpdate
    shesh that was hot before u did that
  7. 07-22-2015, 11:24 PM
    DTKS
    Keeper
    DTKS
    Keeper
    NextGenUpdate
    Been having a couple of gaming sessions and my RSX seems to go up to 84C.The fan would go to the fastest mode i think, untill it cools down. This keeps going over and over.

How come this didn't occur before i replaced the thermal paste... It was loud and hot but didnt have the fans going all ballistic lol
  8. 07-23-2015, 09:26 AM
    Adrian
    Adrian is back!
    Adrian
    Adrian is back!
    NextGenUpdate
    Been having a couple of gaming sessions and my RSX seems to go up to 84C.The fan would go to the fastest mode i think, untill it cools down. This keeps going over and over.

How come this didn't occur before i replaced the thermal paste... It was loud and hot but didnt have the fans going all ballistic lol

Because of the ps3 fan settings, you can change them in iris man or any pkg file with control fan utility.