07-25-2015, 09:26 AM #1
DTKS
Keeper
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); First off, im not sure if i made this thread in the right place, if not, i apologize!

So for my predicament, i have this game on my PS3 that i did not buy from the PSN store.

Whenever i mount the game, use PSNPatch and eventually start the game, it just shows a black screen. But when i dont use PSNPatch, the game will work fine.

Now my question, does anybody have a theory why this game shows a black screen at startup soon as PSNPatch gets used?

Internal & BD Mirror are on and im using 4.70 Rebug CEX... This matter might be related to IsoTools and the terms decrypt / encrypt / full ISO.Needa

Totally understand if this thread gets instaclosed.
07-25-2015, 10:52 AM #2
Originally posted by DTKS View Post
First off, im not sure if i made this thread in the right place, if not, i apologize!

So for my predicament, i have this game on my PS3 that i did not buy from the PSN store.

Whenever i mount the game, use PSNPatch and eventually start the game, it just shows a black screen. But when i dont use PSNPatch, the game will work fine.

Now my question, does anybody have a theory why this game shows a black screen at startup soon as PSNPatch gets used?

Internal & BD Mirror are on and im using 4.70 Rebug CEX... This matter might be related to IsoTools and the terms decrypt / encrypt / full ISO.Needa

The reason why it wont work with psn patch is because when disabling syscalls it disables BD mirror and any payload, cobra prx loaded as its makes the ps3 emulate an ofw.
07-25-2015, 11:31 AM #3
Default Avatar
Kas
First off, im not sure if i made this thread in the right place, if not, i apologize!

Go on multiman and choose the game you want, then go on psn patch and disable syscalls and so on :p
07-26-2015, 08:12 PM #4
DTKS
Keeper
Originally posted by Coffee
The reason why it wont work with psn patch is because when disabling syscalls it disables BD mirror and any payload, cobra prx loaded as its makes the ps3 emulate an ofw.

I see, it makes sense now.

Originally posted by Kas View Post
Go on multiman and choose the game you want, then go on psn patch and disable syscalls and so on :p

But if i disable syscalls i wont be able to run the game right? Hhhhmm not disabling syscalls doesnt feel right/safe to me.
07-26-2015, 08:14 PM #5

But if i disable syscalls i wont be able to run the game right? Hhhhmm not disabling syscalls doesnt feel right/safe to me.

You do realise disabling syscalls wont make a difference at all? As the payloads in your LV2 are still accessible which means sony can see that you can run bootleg prx plugins, eboots etc Just a heads up dude Smile And mount the game before using psn patch.
07-26-2015, 08:15 PM #6
Default Avatar
Kas

You'll be able to run the game as long as you mount it 1st.
07-26-2015, 08:37 PM #7
DTKS
Keeper
You do realise disabling syscalls wont make a difference at all? As the payloads in your LV2 are still accessible which means sony can see that you can run bootleg prx plugins, eboots etc Just a heads up dude Smile And mount the game before using psn patch.

"But if i disable syscalls i wont be able to run the game right?" > actually meant > But if i use PSNpatch the game doesnt start (shows black screen)

You'll be able to run the game as long as you mount it 1st.

Hhhmm i dont think you guys understood me correctly lol...

I do indeed mount the game before i use PSNpatch, but PSNpatch gives it a black screen when i start the game. I noticed that because when i dont use PSNpatch after i mounted the game, the game will just work fine. I guess the game just wont work after CFW is disabled.
07-26-2015, 08:39 PM #8
"But if i disable syscalls i wont be able to run the game right?" > actually meant > But if i use PSNpatch the game doesnt start (shows black screen)

Hhhmm i dont think you guys understood me correctly lol...

I do indeed mount the game before i use PSNpatch, but PSNpatch gives it a black screen when i start the game. I noticed that because when i dont use PSNpatch after i mounted the game, the game will just work fine. I guess the game just wont work after CFW is disabled.

Yes i understood clearly because i told you that the game wont run with syscalls disabled... Smile And decided to tell you that psn patch dont actually decrease your chance of being banned Smile
07-26-2015, 08:45 PM #9
Default Avatar
Kas
Yes i understood clearly because i told you that the game wont run with syscalls disabled... Smile And decided to tell you that psn patch dont actually decrease your chance of being banned Smile

I always disable syscalls after I mount games, works fine for me.
07-26-2015, 08:51 PM #10
I always disable syscalls after I mount games, works fine for me.

Yes but some dont for some reason, i know mw2 dont as it requires patching to current firmware so i think that has a part to play in it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo