10-17-2015, 01:24 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So one day i forgot i was on DEX and i spoofed it by accident now i cant see anything except a black screen. I cant turn it off with the power button unless i unplug it. I cant go into safe mode either please help me.
10-17-2015, 04:35 AM #2
Adrian
Adrian is back!
Originally posted by metalknight View Post
So one day i forgot i was on DEX and i spoofed it by accident now i cant see anything except a black screen. I cant turn it off with the power button unless i unplug it. I cant go into safe mode either please help me.

Happened to me as well on my OFW. I still haven't got it fixed to this day. I believe it is a HDD corruption. So you may need a new HDD.
10-17-2015, 01:24 PM #3
Default Avatar
Kas
So one day i forgot i was on DEX and i spoofed it by accident now i cant see anything except a black screen. I cant turn it off with the power button unless i unplug it. I cant go into safe mode either please help me.

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
Happened to me as well on my OFW. I still haven't got it fixed to this day. I believe it is a HDD corruption. So you may need a new HDD.

It's called soft bricking, this is why you do not just delete the pkg file instead you re-install your firmware. Adrian, this is what we were talking about on skype lol, dumbass. I'm pretty sure you'd need to use an e3 flasher to fix it metalknight.
10-17-2015, 01:27 PM #4
Adrian
Adrian is back!
Originally posted by Kas View Post
It's called soft bricking, this is why you do not just delete the pkg file instead you re-install your firmware. Adrian, this is what we were talking about on skype lol, dumbass. I'm pretty sure you'd need to use an e3 flasher to fix it metalknight.

I didn't get it that way. It happened on my OFW.
10-21-2015, 08:53 AM #5
Take out your hard drive and try turning it on. Does it turn on?
10-21-2015, 09:01 AM #6
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
Above posts are correct,if you remove the internal hdd,power on your machine and see a msg displayed after 15-20 seconds stating something like " Appropriate system storage cannot be found " then your chances are looking good,just install a new hdd or try and format your current hdd,if the same issue occurs after you remove the hdd then you may need to look into flashing the Nor/Nand.
10-21-2015, 09:01 AM #7
Helping-Hand
Cake is a lie

Like Kas said if it's true that you bricked your console you can use a flasher to un-brick it... You can look on Youtube for this or send me a message and I can help you with this...

Of format your HDD to FAT32...

Originally posted by 671mykk View Post
Take out your hard drive and try turning it on. Does it turn on?

He can turn it on... just can't turn it off...
10-21-2015, 09:35 AM #8
Hmmm try putting in a flash drive that has light.see if the PS3 is trying to read it
10-21-2015, 02:16 PM #9
justeve
< ^ > < ^ >
I heard that you can use a Hdd from a another Ps3 ,then just format it or re install your firmware from there.
Or try this method it once worked for me.
671mykk said
Try putting in a flash drive that has light.see if the PS3 is trying to read it then add your firmware on the root of the drive.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo