12-28-2015, 05:29 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello, first off please disregard the embarrassing profile I am using, made it very long ago and forgot my main profiles password >.<

Anyways, I am looking to buy a ps3 and start modding again. I used CFW way back in the Ge0hot days and was quite smart with it but i'm not as jaillbreak smart as I once was. I was wondering if my best bet was to buy a brand new ps3 and use e3 flasher to downgrade or if I would have better luck going to gamestop and getting a used one. I don't want to end up with one I can't jailbreak because that will defeat the purpose of me having one. I did research and I dont trust ebay or craigslist and would rather do it on my own. I tried looking for a thread like this but I guess they are long gone. Might be a silly question but please humor me and help out Smile Thanks
12-28-2015, 05:34 AM #2
Kam
Investor - Future Millionaire
Originally posted by carling
Hello, first off please disregard the embarrassing profile I am using, made it very long ago and forgot my main profiles password >.<

Anyways, I am looking to buy a ps3 and start modding again. I used CFW way back in the Ge0hot days and was quite smart with it but i'm not as jaillbreak smart as I once was. I was wondering if my best bet was to buy a brand new ps3 and use e3 flasher to downgrade or if I would have better luck going to gamestop and getting a used one. I don't want to end up with one I can't jailbreak because that will defeat the purpose of me having one. I did research and I dont trust ebay or craigslist and would rather do it on my own. I tried looking for a thread like this but I guess they are long gone. Might be a silly question but please humor me and help out Smile Thanks

If you'd rather do it on your own, only some models can be downgraded and jailbroken. Super Slims cannot be jailbroken, only some models of the Slim cannot be jailbroken and all PHAT models can be jailbroken. You can take a look at You must login or register to view this content. website for details on which ones can and can't be jailbroken.

The following user thanked Kam for this useful post:

:carling:
12-28-2015, 05:43 AM #3
Originally posted by Kam View Post
If you'd rather do it on your own, only some models can be downgraded and jailbroken. Super Slims cannot be jailbroken, only some models of the Slim cannot be jailbroken and all PHAT models can be jailbroken. You can take a look at You must login or register to view this content. website for details on which ones can and can't be jailbroken.

Thankyou! So if I don't want to play ps3 roulette I will just plan on trying to get a used phat ps3 from gamestop. Thankyou for the fast reply man!
12-28-2015, 06:12 AM #4
Kam
Originally posted by carling
Thankyou! So if I don't want to play ps3 roulette I will just plan on trying to get a used phat ps3 from gamestop. Thankyou for the fast reply man!

No problem! Happy
12-29-2015, 12:34 AM #5
Kam
Seems this question has been answered, closed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo