01-05-2016, 01:31 AM #1
Jim Halpert
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello, I've been trying to get a grasp for finding PS3 game addresses with IDA Pro and PPC. No matter how many tutorials I watch, and I believe I have watched all, I don't at all understand how to find addresses on my own. I've learned a bit of PPC to get an understanding of how it works, but I don't see that helping me find the addresses. So does anyone have any suggestions? Is someone maybe willing to add me on Skype and explain a little bit? Because I'm totally lost. Thanks anyways.

The following user thanked Jim Halpert for this useful post:

Tears
01-05-2016, 10:07 AM #2
Helping-Hand
Cake is a lie
Originally posted by arka00 View Post
Hello, I've been trying to get a grasp for finding PS3 game addresses with IDA Pro and PPC. No matter how many tutorials I watch, and I believe I have watched all, I don't at all understand how to find addresses on my own. I've learned a bit of PPC to get an understanding of how it works, but I don't see that helping me find the addresses. So does anyone have any suggestions? Is someone maybe willing to add me on Skype and explain a little bit? Because I'm totally lost. Thanks anyways.

If your wanting to find addresses which are un-known you can use NetCheat to do this, however if your wanting to update addresses you can compare both an older and a newer .ELF to find the updated and current address for the latest update of the game...

There are many tutorials on Youtube about finding address with NetCheat as well as informative information elsewhere and such... this thread You must login or register to view this content. is for finding address for PC games and should help you understand more about this field, I've personally haven't had much luck with NetCheat though.
01-05-2016, 08:32 PM #3
Restrain
CoD Services
Hello, I've been trying to get a grasp for finding PS3 game addresses with IDA Pro and PPC. No matter how many tutorials I watch, and I believe I have watched all, I don't at all understand how to find addresses on my own. I've learned a bit of PPC to get an understanding of how it works, but I don't see that helping me find the addresses. So does anyone have any suggestions? Is someone maybe willing to add me on Skype and explain a little bit? Because I'm totally lost. Thanks anyways.

Like Helping-Hand said, if you're trying to update addresses take a look at his tutorial You must login or register to view this content.
If you're attempting to find new things, then be patient. You won't get it right away, I know it from experience.
01-05-2016, 10:40 PM #4
Jim Halpert
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Restrain View Post
Like Helping-Hand said, if you're trying to update addresses take a look at his tutorial You must login or register to view this content.
If you're attempting to find new things, then be patient. You won't get it right away, I know it from experience.

Okay, thank you. But where do you get this experience? All I've literally been able to achieve is clicking on random strings and random XREFs and finding random addresses. I just don't se this going anywhere at this rate.
01-05-2016, 11:19 PM #5
Restrain
CoD Services
Okay, thank you. But where do you get this experience? All I've literally been able to achieve is clicking on random strings and random XREFs and finding random addresses. I just don't se this going anywhere at this rate.

Anyone can do that, but if you don't know what you're doing then you must learn how PPC works.
01-06-2016, 10:35 AM #6
Helping-Hand
Cake is a lie

You can simply learn from tutorials online and such and reading tutorials, just as how you would learn anything really...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo