04-30-2016, 03:03 AM #1
ProPieEater
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello, i am downgrading my ps3 CECHP FAT model and after i take a backup of the nor, i use dumpchecker Build 487 to check it and i get 3 errors. the main one is "no matching sku model found" when i look in the log. can someone skype message me to get this fixed or do i just have to keep playing with the ribbon and getting different dumps?

EDIT- I seem to keep getting the same problems in my backups, even after i completely removed the ribbon from the nor many many times. this either means its actually okay, or some pins on my e3 are broken.
Last edited by Jon Snow ; 04-30-2016 at 02:43 PM.
04-30-2016, 01:26 PM #11
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
Originally posted by ProPieEater View Post
well i am now about to try it with SIX PENNIES. i think thats way too much pressure but then again, this is a fat

i have never downgraded a fat before, but i have done like over 30 slims, never had a experience it just seems like a lot of work but what would suggest is that you use like to 2 quarters and then put a clamp on it if possible
04-30-2016, 01:44 PM #12
ProPieEater
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Jon
i have never downgraded a fat before, but i have done like over 30 slims, never had a experience it just seems like a lot of work but what would suggest is that you use like to 2 quarters and then put a clamp on it if possible

why did the e3 flasher kit come with an ESATA station if i dont need a hard drive to take a backup or flash?
04-30-2016, 01:51 PM #13
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
why did the e3 flasher kit come with an ESATA station if i dont need a hard drive to take a backup or flash?

that was the old way of doing it
04-30-2016, 01:52 PM #14
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
Hello, i am downgrading my ps3 CECHP FAT model and after i take a backup of the nor, i use dumpchecker Build 487 to check it and i get 3 errors. the main one is "no matching sku model found" when i look in the log. can someone skype message me to get this fixed or do i just have to keep playing with the ribbon and getting different dumps?

EDIT- I seem to keep getting the same problems in my backups, even after i completely removed the ribbon from the nor many many times. this either means its actually okay, or some pins on my e3 are broken.

the only person i know that will be good at fat downgrade is this guy You must login or register to view this content. PM him but he is hardly ever on
04-30-2016, 01:53 PM #15
ProPieEater
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Jon
that was the old way of doing it

okay, I seem to keep getting the same problems in my backups, even after i completely removed the ribbon from the nor many many times. this either means its actually okay, or some pins on my e3 are broken.
04-30-2016, 03:57 PM #16
Dro
i<3myPs3
okay, I seem to keep getting the same problems in my backups, even after i completely removed the ribbon from the nor many many times. this either means its actually okay, or some pins on my e3 are broken.

What I do is use duct tape and tape like 4 quarters to each other, so its just a taped chunk. Put the clip on on the NOR chip and tape that down hard. Lay the motherboard into the ps3, then lift it up a little and try to set your chunk of quarters right under where the chip will close onto it. Then you can tighten the two closest screws on the motherboard down(around hdd right above it) to adjust the pressure. Let the clamps be the only thing holding pressure on the other side of the motherboard. You don't need to install all the other screws. Hope that makes sense! be careful not to crack anything.
Last edited by Dro ; 04-30-2016 at 04:02 PM.
04-30-2016, 04:57 PM #17
ProPieEater
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Dro View Post
What I do is use duct tape and tape like 4 quarters to each other, so its just a taped chunk. Put the clip on on the NOR chip and tape that down hard. Lay the motherboard into the ps3, then lift it up a little and try to set your chunk of quarters right under where the chip will close onto it. Then you can tighten the two closest screws on the motherboard down(around hdd right above it) to adjust the pressure. Let the clamps be the only thing holding pressure on the other side of the motherboard. You don't need to install all the other screws. Hope that makes sense! be careful not to crack anything.

did just that, no luck. its always ROS1 Hash, ROS1 Version, and SKUIdentity data that are red
Do you think there is a way to fix this backup? i dont think ill ever be able to take a successful backup
Last edited by ProPieEater ; 04-30-2016 at 04:59 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo