04-30-2016, 03:03 AM #1
ProPieEater
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello, i am downgrading my ps3 CECHP FAT model and after i take a backup of the nor, i use dumpchecker Build 487 to check it and i get 3 errors. the main one is "no matching sku model found" when i look in the log. can someone skype message me to get this fixed or do i just have to keep playing with the ribbon and getting different dumps?

EDIT- I seem to keep getting the same problems in my backups, even after i completely removed the ribbon from the nor many many times. this either means its actually okay, or some pins on my e3 are broken.
Last edited by Jon Snow ; 04-30-2016 at 02:43 PM.
04-30-2016, 03:43 AM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by ProPieEater View Post
Hello, i am downgrading my ps3 CECHP FAT model and after i take a backup of the nor, i use dumpchecker Build 487 to check it and i get 3 errors. the main one is "no matching sku model found" when i look in the log. can someone skype message me to get this fixed or do i just have to keep playing with the ribbon and getting different dumps?

I would dick with it a LOT, take multiple backups. If they are all coming out the same then something is wrong but the most common thing to cause errors is lack of pressure/consistence on the NOR chip.

Here You must login or register to view this content. is the latest flashtool. Just drop your backup onto it (ps3_flash_tool.exe) and if it says OK, then good...

If any red or errors, check pressure and setup and pull some more backups.

This probably help too You must login or register to view this content.

and here's patcher for if your ps3 is on ofw 4.80 You must login or register to view this content. you would use this instead of the other patch.

GL!
Last edited by Dro ; 04-30-2016 at 04:24 AM.

The following user thanked Dro for this useful post:

ProPieEater
04-30-2016, 05:18 AM #3
Gryphus
Former Super Moderator
Hello, i am downgrading my ps3 CECHP FAT model and after i take a backup of the nor, i use dumpchecker Build 487 to check it and i get 3 errors. the main one is "no matching sku model found" when i look in the log. can someone skype message me to get this fixed or do i just have to keep playing with the ribbon and getting different dumps?

Thread moved to PS3 mods questions
04-30-2016, 11:49 AM #4
ProPieEater
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Dro View Post
I would dick with it a LOT, take multiple backups. If they are all coming out the same then something is wrong but the most common thing to cause errors is lack of pressure/consistence on the NOR chip.

Here You must login or register to view this content. is the latest flashtool. Just drop your backup onto it (ps3_flash_tool.exe) and if it says OK, then good...

If any red or errors, check pressure and setup and pull some more backups.

This probably help too You must login or register to view this content.

and here's patcher for if your ps3 is on ofw 4.80 You must login or register to view this content. you would use this instead of the other patch.

GL!

The thing is, they are all the same. And I don't think it's pressure because I'm using 5 pennies
04-30-2016, 01:09 PM #5
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda

well to begin with version is your FW?
04-30-2016, 01:13 PM #6
ProPieEater
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Jon
well to begin with version is your FW?

right now, 4.78 OFW
04-30-2016, 01:14 PM #7
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
right now, 4.78 OFW

then you need to use the 4.78, nor checker and patcher
04-30-2016, 01:17 PM #8
ProPieEater
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Jon
then you need to use the 4.78, nor checker and patcher

my question is not which of those i use, it is why i am getting bad backups? ive tried all types of nor checkers and they all say my backup is bad. i have always had trouble with these samsung nors
04-30-2016, 01:19 PM #9
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
my question is not which of those i use, it is why i am getting bad backups? ive tried all types of nor checkers and they all say my backup is bad. i have always had trouble with these samsung nors

yea me too, the samsung norchip are a pain in the ass, but bad back normally 2 things either not enough pressure on the norchip or the checker your using is not for the correct firmware.
04-30-2016, 01:22 PM #10
ProPieEater
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Jon
yea me too, the samsung norchip are a pain in the ass, but bad back normally 2 things either not enough pressure on the norchip or the checker your using is not for the correct firmware.

well i am now about to try it with SIX PENNIES. i think thats way too much pressure but then again, this is a fat

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo