THREAD: strange flickering in rebug toolbox
  1. 05-14-2016, 01:50 AM
    ProPieEater
    Bounty hunter
    ProPieEater
    Bounty hunter
    NextGenUpdate
    Hello, I have been having issues with my Fat ps3. Whenever i open multiman (4.80.00), the introduction screen with the logo loads, and the particle effects come on and the sound is on but the screen is blank. Nothing moves and nothing changes.

Then, i tried to open rebug toolbox and thats where the strange issues come in. The particle effects are there, but the screen flickers and i cannot move anything.

what i have done prior to this problem is: replaced thermal paste and cleaned fan from dust because of overheating.

Heres what ive tried:
    *adjusting the ribbon cable for the blu-ray
    *reinstalling the homebrews
    *updating to version 4.80.1 rebug
    *updating rebug toolbox
    *switching to CEX using idpset V0.87
    *restore database and filesystem from safe mode
    *Full HDD format

My cpu and gpu temps are 73 and 63 respectively, if that is of any use. also, multiman says "debug mode" on startup for whatever reason. thats something new i observed
    Last edited by ProPieEater ; 05-14-2016 at 11:49 PM.

2. 05-14-2016, 02:43 AM
    Dro
    i<3myPs3
    Dro
    i<3myPs3
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by ProPieEater View Post
    Hello, I have been having issues with my Fat ps3. Whenever i open multiman (4.80.00), the introduction screen with the logo loads, and the particle effects come on and the sound is on but the screen is blank. Nothing moves and nothing changes.

Then, i tried to open rebug toolbox and thats where the strange issues come in. The particle effects are there, but the screen flickers and i cannot move anything.

what i have done prior to this problem is: replaced thermal paste and cleaned fan from dust because of overheating.

Heres what ive tried:
    *adjusting the ribbon cable for the blu-ray
    *reinstalling the homebrews
    *updating to version 4.80.1 rebug
    *updating rebug toolbox
    *switching to CEX using idpset V0.87
    *restore database and filesystem from safe mode

maybe im missing a setting in debug settings??? everything looks right. im thinking about doing a full system restore from the system settings. my cpu and gpu temps are 73 and 63 respectively, if that is of any use.

I would say to try another firmware or video cables/hdmi cable, but

If you think it is your debug settings, you can install a downgrader 3.55 and re-QA flag, in hopes that the settings will default..
  3. 05-14-2016, 02:57 AM
    ProPieEater
    Bounty hunter
    ProPieEater
    Bounty hunter
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Dro View Post
    I would say to try another firmware or video cables/hdmi cable, but

If you think it is your debug settings, you can install a downgrader 3.55 and re-QA flag, in hopes that the settings will default..

i changed firmware from 4.78 rebug to 4.80.1 rebug. i tried a whole new setup of cables and tv and still the same problem. i just re-qa flagged and nothing changed
    i am currently on 3.55.4 firmware

should i do a format? or a system restore? will i lose my jailbreak if i do?
    Last edited by ProPieEater ; 05-14-2016 at 03:50 AM.

4. 05-14-2016, 05:25 AM
    Dro
    i<3myPs3
    Dro
    i<3myPs3
    NextGenUpdate
    i changed firmware from 4.78 rebug to 4.80.1 rebug. i tried a whole new setup of cables and tv and still the same problem. i just re-qa flagged and nothing changed
    i am currently on 3.55.4 firmware

should i do a format? or a system restore? will i lose my jailbreak if i do?

You can format the hdd without losing the jailbreak..

1. Boot ps3 into recovery mode
    2. Select option "restore ps3 system"
    this will wipe everything, games, saves, etc
    when it is finished you will be brought to a black screen asking for your last syscall(last cfw installed)
    3. Reinstall your cfw

You'll lose your stuff but it won't hurt to try..
  5. 05-14-2016, 01:08 PM
    ProPieEater
    Bounty hunter
    ProPieEater
    Bounty hunter
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Dro View Post
    You can format the hdd without losing the jailbreak..

1. Boot ps3 into recovery mode
    2. Select option "restore ps3 system"
    this will wipe everything, games, saves, etc
    when it is finished you will be brought to a black screen asking for your last syscall(last cfw installed)
    3. Reinstall your cfw

You'll lose your stuff but it won't hurt to try..

Even an hdd wipe like you told me to has still not resolved the issue. maybe this is hardware issue?
  6. 05-14-2016, 11:06 PM
    Dog88Christian
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Dog88Christian
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    NextGenUpdate
    Even an hdd wipe like you told me to has still not resolved the issue. maybe this is hardware issue?

This only happen with these two applications? And are you installing the full version or partial? Both apps have two types of itself, one that will update your current one and the other which includes the full versionz
  7. 05-14-2016, 11:38 PM
    ProPieEater
    Bounty hunter
    ProPieEater
    Bounty hunter
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Dog88Christian View Post
    This only happen with these two applications? And are you installing the full version or partial? Both apps have two types of itself, one that will update your current one and the other which includes the full versionz

im installing the "base" version of multiman from brewology and the application that comes standard with rebug 4.80.1 (which is rebug toolbox) directly from the CFW. you know the toolbox that comes in the standard directory. also im getting this message in multiman that says "debug mode." ive never had that before
  8. 05-15-2016, 12:05 AM
    Dog88Christian
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Dog88Christian
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    NextGenUpdate
    im installing the "base" version of multiman from brewology and the application that comes standard with rebug 4.80.1 (which is rebug toolbox) directly from the CFW. you know the toolbox that comes in the standard directory. also im getting this message in multiman that says "debug mode." ive never had that before

Could you take a picture of that message? Along with the weird lines or whatever in toolbox?
  9. 05-15-2016, 12:19 AM
    ProPieEater
    Bounty hunter
    ProPieEater
    Bounty hunter
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Dog88Christian View Post
    Could you take a picture of that message? Along with the weird lines or whatever in toolbox?

I fixed it. the problem was the controller. my friend referred me to a different forum in which they talk about a debug mode problem and flickering text in multiman.

The issue:
    the controller i was using was used from ebay. the analog sticks were pressed in so hard that they were constantly on, pressing R3 and L3. according to the forum, this is because of a knockoff brand of controllers or something. anyway, the solution is to try going to multiman from a different controller. when i tried a different controller, multiman and rebug toolbox worked perfectly. it just absolutely sucks that i had to format the hdd and then find this solution. i encourage the forum staff to use my experience as an example in a sticky thread, so no one else makes that mistake.
  10. 05-15-2016, 12:33 AM
    Dog88Christian
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Dog88Christian
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    NextGenUpdate
    I fixed it. the problem was the controller. my friend referred me to a different forum in which they talk about a debug mode problem and flickering text in multiman.

The issue:
    the controller i was using was used from ebay. the analog sticks were pressed in so hard that they were constantly on, pressing R3 and L3. according to the forum, this is because of a knockoff brand of controllers or something. anyway, the solution is to try going to multiman from a different controller. when i tried a different controller, multiman and rebug toolbox worked perfectly. it just absolutely sucks that i had to format the hdd and then find this solution. i encourage the forum staff to use my experience as an example in a sticky thread, so no one else makes that mistake.

Lmao alright, sorry I couldn't be of more help but I'm glad it's all working now. If you have any future concerns or issues be sure to make another thread or pm me. Until I've requested this thread be closed.