12-02-2016, 05:14 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So, recently downgrade and Jailbreak PS3 Slim CECH 2001A few weeks ago. The console working great but today when I plug it up press power button, it will come on then 2 sec later shut off no light or blinking light. If I press power button it doesn't do anything.... *My reaction was like " WTF are you kidding me" so i assume it was power supply. So I change the power supply to another one working ps3 same model. *But that didn't work same thing happen, turn it on then beep one time 2 sec later its no light or blinking

I decide to take screw off and after I took the top off I plug it up then press power button then guess what? the system power on and boot up fine... so it only works if the top is off but if I screw it back on it won't boot up. This wired af to me, I'm trying fixed the issue because have someone interested buying it. I'm not or won't sell this system to him until I fully fixed the issue.
12-02-2016, 05:18 AM #2
Father Luckeyy
Retired - Lead Content Manager
Originally posted by CRiMiNALx View Post
So, recently downgrade and Jailbreak PS3 Slim CECH 2001A few weeks ago. The console working great but today when I plug it up press power button, it will come on then 2 sec later shut off no light or blinking light. If I press power button it doesn't do anything.... *My reaction was like " WTF are you kidding me" so i assume it was power supply. So I change the power supply to another one working ps3 same model. *But that didn't work same thing happen, turn it on then beep one time 2 sec later its no light or blinking

I decide to take screw off and after I took the top off I plug it up then press power button then guess what? the system power on and boot up fine... so it only works if the top is off but if I screw it back on it won't boot up. This wired af to me, I'm trying fixed the issue because have someone interested buying it. I'm not or won't sell this system to him until I fully fixed the issue.

I would of guess id was your hdd probably messed up but the fact you said it works with the top off i have no idea how to solve this issue.
12-02-2016, 06:49 AM #3
Dro
i<3myPs3
So, recently downgrade and Jailbreak PS3 Slim CECH 2001A few weeks ago. The console working great but today when I plug it up press power button, it will come on then 2 sec later shut off no light or blinking light. If I press power button it doesn't do anything.... *My reaction was like " WTF are you kidding me" so i assume it was power supply. So I change the power supply to another one working ps3 same model. *But that didn't work same thing happen, turn it on then beep one time 2 sec later its no light or blinking

Maybe a short? Any exposed wires getting screwed down into something or anything obvious touching something it shouldnt?

When you go to screw the top on, do one screw at a time and try to power on the console and see if you can pinpoint the area of the problem?
Let us know if you figure something out..
12-02-2016, 06:17 PM #4
Hmmm Im going try that then I will let you know.
12-02-2016, 06:17 PM #5
Originally posted by Dro View Post
Maybe a short? Any exposed wires getting screwed down into something or anything obvious touching something it shouldnt?

When you go to screw the top on, do one screw at a time and try to power on the console and see if you can pinpoint the area of the problem?

Hmmm Im going try that then I will let you know.
12-03-2016, 01:50 AM #6
Originally posted by Dro View Post

I fixed my issue, I took the top off and change the a/c power part from another PS3 Slim model. It boot up successful with top on and off.
12-03-2016, 09:25 AM #7
Dro
i<3myPs3
I fixed my issue, I took the top off and change the a/c power part from another PS3 Slim model. It boot up successful with top on and off.

Nice glad to hear it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo