12-31-2016, 08:19 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys so I have trouble connecting my PC to my PS3 via FTP using any program. I've tried several including FileZilla and it just times out. I feel like there's something blocking the connection but not sure what. I used the same PC and PS3 at a friends house and it connected with no problems. Please help!
12-31-2016, 12:32 PM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by Justinww11 View Post
Hey guys so I have trouble connecting my PC to my PS3 via FTP using any program. I've tried several including FileZilla and it just times out. I feel like there's something blocking the connection but not sure what. I used the same PC and PS3 at a friends house and it connected with no problems. Please help!

Try having multiman opened while making the connection, or set up webman..
You need FTP enabled while trying to connect.
12-31-2016, 04:30 PM #3
Originally posted by Dro View Post
Try having multiman opened while making the connection, or set up webman..
You need FTP enabled while trying to connect.

Yes multiman FTP is enabled and running. Also, RTM tools are able to connect to my PS3. I think it has something to do with my internet
12-31-2016, 05:31 PM #4
PapiiShuloo
Save Point
Just In Case that doesnt work, Try using a Pendrive (USB). Works The Same Way & To Copy Games Is Even Faster & Easier!
01-01-2017, 12:22 AM #5
Father Luckeyy
Retired - Lead Content Manager
Hey guys so I have trouble connecting my PC to my PS3 via FTP using any program. I've tried several including FileZilla and it just times out. I feel like there's something blocking the connection but not sure what. I used the same PC and PS3 at a friends house and it connected with no problems. Please help!

Did you input your correct IP address in filezilla?
01-01-2017, 01:17 AM #6
Originally posted by Dr.
Did you input your correct IP address in filezilla?

Yes I did
01-01-2017, 01:18 AM #7
Father Luckeyy
Retired - Lead Content Manager
try using a homebrew app called " BlackBox " its for FTP
01-01-2017, 02:06 AM #8
Yes I did

well to start off

- what firmware are you on?
- (if rebug) is webman and cobra mode enabled?
- do you have blackbox ftp?
- do you have rebug toolbox?

answer these and we can continue
01-01-2017, 09:09 AM #9
Originally posted by Krxxl View Post
well to start off

- what firmware are you on?
- (if rebug) is webman and cobra mode enabled?
- do you have blackbox ftp?
- do you have rebug toolbox?

answer these and we can continue

Rebug 4.78.1 DEX
Yes webman and cobra are enabled
Yes black box FTP does not work either
Yes I have Rebug toolbox
01-01-2017, 12:49 PM #10
Try assigning a static IP to your PS3 from within your router. This way your PS3 will always get the same IP.
Once the PS3 is on, try pinging the PS3's IP from your computer. If you get a response it means your PS3 is accepting connecting and there should not be a problem connecting to it via FileZilla or any other FTP program.
If you don't get a response while pinging, it means something is blocking the connection between your PC and PS3. Most probably your modem/router settings.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo