THREAD: Error 8002f2bf after red screen
  1. 07-15-2017, 04:07 PM
    ProPieEater
    Bounty hunter
    ProPieEater
    Bounty hunter
    NextGenUpdate
    Hello,*

From the beginning, I am using a JB ps3 i bought a few days ago. It was working just fine for those few days. Later, i got a red screen with a bunch of different languages on boot up after i inserted a reliably safe 2tb hdd through USB. In english, this message reads "a serious error has occurred." I have tried every recovery option, even total factory reset, in the recovery menu to no avail.*

Next, i tried to update the CFW. The ps3 asks for 2.45 or above with my original HDD. I tried installing rebug 3.55.4 REX, it said "no applicable data found." then i tried a newer*REBUG_4.81.2_D-REX update, and it gave me a code that read "a serious error has occurred, please contact technical support" with the error code from the title. I tried many different versions of REBUG to get either of those messages every time.*

I would appreciate some help or suggestions. Thank you for your time.*
  2. 07-24-2017, 02:32 PM
    ProPieEater
    Bounty hunter
    ProPieEater
    Bounty hunter
    NextGenUpdate
    bump. i need answers plz!!!!!!
  3. 07-24-2017, 03:02 PM
    BurtE
    NextGenUpdate Elite
    BurtE
    NextGenUpdate Elite
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by ProPieEater View Post
    Hello,*

From the beginning, I am using a JB ps3 i bought a few days ago. It was working just fine for those few days. Later, i got a red screen with a bunch of different languages on boot up after i inserted a reliably safe 2tb hdd through USB. In english, this message reads "a serious error has occurred." I have tried every recovery option, even total factory reset, in the recovery menu to no avail.*

Next, i tried to update the CFW. The ps3 asks for 2.45 or above with my original HDD. I tried installing rebug 3.55.4 REX, it said "no applicable data found." then i tried a newer*REBUG_4.81.2_D-REX update, and it gave me a code that read "a serious error has occurred, please contact technical support" with the error code from the title. I tried many different versions of REBUG to get either of those messages every time.*

I would appreciate some help or suggestions. Thank you for your time.*

1. Downgrade to 3.55 DEX.you will have the RSOD still. No XMB or anything.
    2. Upgrade to 4.65 D-REX Rebug. This has an RSOD Bypass built in.
    3. Run RSOD Fix pkg.
    4. Update to whatever cfw you want (I usually install latest rebug)
  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BurtE For This Useful Post:

5. 07-24-2017, 04:54 PM
    ProPieEater
    Bounty hunter
    ProPieEater
    Bounty hunter
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by BurtE View Post
    1. Downgrade to 3.55 DEX.you will have the RSOD still. No XMB or anything.
    2. Upgrade to 4.65 D-REX Rebug. This has an RSOD Bypass built in.
    3. Run RSOD Fix pkg.
    4. Update to whatever cfw you want (I usually install latest rebug)

Thank you so much! I will try it as soon as i get home..
  6. 07-24-2017, 04:54 PM
    BurtE
    NextGenUpdate Elite
    BurtE
    NextGenUpdate Elite
    NextGenUpdate
    Thank you so much! I will try it as soon as i get home..

np lmk how it goes Smile
  7. 07-26-2017, 03:59 AM
    ProPieEater
    Bounty hunter
    ProPieEater
    Bounty hunter
    NextGenUpdate
    np lmk how it goes Smile

IT WORKED!

So, to be fair, i really couldnt find any 3.55.4 DEX on the rebug website. I tried 3.55.4 RE, but it said "no applicable data was found" when i tried to install it

I just tried my luck with the 4.65.2 D-REX (since it was asking for 2.55 or above) and it installed! now the RSOD is gone!

Im not sure if you meant the downgrader (9.99) at first, but i had toggled flags on this ps3 so i didnt get why i should use that.

In the process of fixing this, i had formatted the hdd in hopes that it would be an HDD issue, but it didnt work. Do i need to use the downgrader to toggle QA flags again now that i formatted?

thanks a bunch!
  8. 07-26-2017, 04:04 AM
    ProPieEater
    Bounty hunter
    ProPieEater
    Bounty hunter
    NextGenUpdate
    np lmk how it goes Smile

Also i don't quite understand what i did wrong to receive such an error. All i did was use the ps3 for oldschool games on PS2 and PS1 emulators that come with rebug or multiman or something.
  9. 07-26-2017, 11:46 PM
    BurtE
    NextGenUpdate Elite
    BurtE
    NextGenUpdate Elite
    NextGenUpdate
    IT WORKED!

So, to be fair, i really couldnt find any 3.55.4 DEX on the rebug website. I tried 3.55.4 RE, but it said "no applicable data was found" when i tried to install it

I just tried my luck with the 4.65.2 D-REX (since it was asking for 2.55 or above) and it installed! now the RSOD is gone!

Im not sure if you meant the downgrader (9.99) at first, but i had toggled flags on this ps3 so i didnt get why i should use that.

In the process of fixing this, i had formatted the hdd in hopes that it would be an HDD issue, but it didnt work. Do i need to use the downgrader to toggle QA flags again now that i formatted?

thanks a bunch!

No problem, good to hear you fixed it Smile You shouldnt need to toggle flag again

As for rsod. Its usually caused by a corrupt area of the flash called VTRM, Samsung nors are prone to it (Cech L - Cech 20xx)