Post: Dead Space 2 PS3 Cheats (Bruteforce Save Data) - QUESTION
08-13-2020, 05:06 PM #1
Zmey-G
Rookie
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi, guys.
Does anyone know why when making changes to saves using "Bruteforce Save Data", the game says that saves are corrupted? But other people's saves are re-signed and work without any problems.
The game version is European PSN (NPEB00550) with saves BLES01189.
Last edited by Zmey-G ; 08-13-2020 at 05:14 PM.
08-14-2020, 02:35 PM #2
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by Zmey-G View Post
Hi, guys.
Does anyone know why when making changes to saves using "Bruteforce Save Data", the game says that saves are corrupted? But other people's saves are re-signed and work without any problems.

Have you looked at all the resources around on using BSD? You must login or register to view this content.

In general, make sure you decrypt, do whatever you're going to do, and re-encrpt everything that you decrypted. If you're applying any sort of cheats or using the hex editor, then absolutely make sure that you update checksums (quick check boxes, should be done after or at same time as, not before, any other quick cheats or hex editing) -- that does not need to be done as part of re-regioning or resigning.

You might have to re-region from NPEB to BLES. It's a quick and easy process in BSD. Takes about 5 seconds from a drop-down menu. I honestly can't remember. I'm old.
Last edited by aeneax ; 08-14-2020 at 02:35 PM.
08-15-2020, 07:41 AM #3
Reidso
Under Jolly Roger
Hi, guys.

This example will give you a rough idea on How To?.... with region code etc....

You must login or register to view this content.

1. Decrypt PFD

2. Change region (ONLY if needed - Right click > Change Title ID/Region > (Change to your region)

3. Double click on param.sfo on left side panel

4. Click on the Account ID button to get yours on it

5. Make sure the folder and this are named the same

6. Have the Protected box untick/uncheck

7. Save (of course)

Click on Encryt PFD > Encrpt Decrypted PFD files

Click on Verify

Click on Rebuild >Rebuild Full

IF you still have the game save on your USB, delete it,
then transfer the game save you modified through bruteforce onto the USB

NOTE:
IF you're going to change region, make sure you change the region on the
resigned folder afterwards - I forgot to mention that to others in the past)
Last edited by Reidso ; 08-15-2020 at 07:42 AM.

The following user thanked Reidso for this useful post:

aeneax
08-15-2020, 02:36 PM #4
Zmey-G
Rookie
Originally posted by aeneax View Post
Hi, guys.

Have you looked at all the resources around on using BSD? You must login or register to view this content.

In general, make sure you decrypt, do whatever you're going to do, and re-encrpt everything that you decrypted. If you're applying any sort of cheats or using the hex editor, then absolutely make sure that you update checksums (quick check boxes, should be done after or at same time as, not before, any other quick cheats or hex editing) -- that does not need to be done as part of re-regioning or resigning.

You might have to re-region from NPEB to BLES. It's a quick and easy process in BSD. Takes about 5 seconds from a drop-down menu. I honestly can't remember. I'm old.

Originally posted by Reidso View Post
Hi, guys.

1. Decrypt PFD

2. Change region (ONLY if needed - Right click > Change Title ID/Region > (Change to your region)

7. Save (of course)

Click on Verify

NOTE:

I'm doing everything right. As I always did, and as shown in the video. The point is that re-signing and re-regioning works without any problems. The problem occurs only after applying cheats, and only in this game. There are no problems with other games. I even double-checked it. Maybe it's not realistic to use cheats in this game at all? I therefore wondered if there are people who specifically know and have encountered this.
08-15-2020, 03:27 PM #5
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Hi, guys.

Hi, guys.

1. Decrypt PFD

7. Save (of course)

Click on Verify

NOTE:

I'm doing everything right. As I always did, and as shown in the video. The point is that re-signing and re-regioning works without any problems. The problem occurs only after applying cheats, and only in this game. There are no problems with other games. I even double-checked it. Maybe it's not realistic to use cheats in this game at all? I therefore wondered if there are people who specifically know and have encountered this.

Then two things.

First, and again, you might have to change the region. Reidso might have a better recollection than I do, but I think your BLES01189 saves need to be changed to NPEB00550 to work with your game. I didn't re-region much back then, my memory's pretty hazy, and I also didn't really do digital very often back then.

Second, if you're doing the quick cheats, sometimes there offsets can be slightly off. If you open up the hex editor, look at the value the quick cheat is modifying and compare it to the value in the save file itself. You can often quickly eyeball whether it looks alright or not. Once in a blue moon one of them will be off by a couple of digits, in which case you can just manually do it, or you can change the quick cheat to reflect the correct address (and still, of course, make sure to update the checksums).
08-15-2020, 04:22 PM #6
Zmey-G
Rookie
Hi, guys.

Hi, guys.

1. Decrypt PFD

7. Save (of course)

Click on Verify

NOTE:

Then two things.

First, and again, you might have to change the region. Reidso might have a better recollection than I do, but I think your BLES01189 saves need to be changed to NPEB00550 to work with your game. I didn't re-region much back then, my memory's pretty hazy, and I also didn't really do digital very often back then.

Second, if you're doing the quick cheats, sometimes there offsets can be slightly off. If you open up the hex editor, look at the value the quick cheat is modifying and compare it to the value in the save file itself. You can often quickly eyeball whether it looks alright or not. Once in a blue moon one of them will be off by a couple of digits, in which case you can just manually do it, or you can change the quick cheat to reflect the correct address (and still, of course, make sure to update the checksums).

"I think your BLES01189 saves need to be changed to NPEB00550 to work with your game" - No. I tried doing this, but it didn't work. BLES01189 - this is how the console itself saves saves.
And Yes, I checked the correctness of the specified offsets in the cheats. I even did everything myself, manually. To make sure.
The only thing I didn't understand is what does it mean to update checksums? Where and how to do this?

UPD..
Okay, I read a little bit and realized a little what it is and what it is for. I found out the checksums of both files in this form: E5EDBE3E (original) and 791CCACF (modified). But I don't know what to do with them. I need to somehow calculate the difference, find it in the original file and change it to a new one. Am I getting the point right? But how to do it. I leafed through the forums, read everything I found, and saw that special scripts are written for this purpose. Is there any other way? I would be very grateful if you could explain it to me, or tell me where I can read about it.
Last edited by Zmey-G ; 08-15-2020 at 11:50 PM.
08-16-2020, 02:48 PM #7
aeneax
Nothing To See Here

Okay, I had something else but I'm completely revising it after opening up the Dead Space 2 cheats and not seeing checksums in there. Keep in mind that I haven't used BSD in years. Also, even years ago, I didn't use it a ton.

I never updated checksums manually. I had originally been writing to assure you what a simple process it was, how it was done through "apply cheats", usually the last 2 cheats in the list, always on by default, etc. (For future reference though, in other games, you have to do that even if making manual edits in the hex editor -- it's just that I myself have always done it through apply cheats. Meaning, if I made changes in the hex editor, I would then save those changes, exit the hex editor, open apply cheats, then the only cheats I would apply would be the ones for updating checksums.)

Problem is, I opened up the Dead Space 2 cheats in the cheats database, the one for BLUS30624 at least. I'm seeing a ton of cheats, but nothing for checksums.

So yeah, maybe you would have to do it manually? I'm just not sure. And apparently not the right person to ask. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

The following user thanked aeneax for this useful post:

Zmey-G
08-17-2020, 01:12 AM #8
Zmey-G
Rookie

Well. In any case, thank You for your responsiveness, participation and advice Smile

The following user thanked Zmey-G for this useful post:

aeneax

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo