09-23-2010, 08:11 AM #1
GUESS_HU
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well I have just been thinking quite a bit about the Jailbreak and I thought to myself that Sony must have a way to boot the USB port on start up of the PS3. Then I thought maybe they just changed the code that enables the USB port on start up I.E. Instead of Power button, Eject Button it could be another form I.E. Eject button, Power Button, Eject Button?
What do you reckon?
+Rep if this may help in any way.
Thanks

EDIT: Maybe they changed it in the simplest of ways that we would never think of it.
Also I haven't received my jailbreak yet so I can't test.
Last edited by GUESS_HU ; 09-23-2010 at 08:14 AM.

The following user thanked GUESS_HU for this useful post:

xFluttershy
09-23-2010, 08:14 AM #2
Drake
<3 SGC
They won't fix it because at the moment, it is not affecting any Sony games. They simply dont give a shit.

The following user thanked Drake for this useful post:

Selena Gomez
09-23-2010, 08:15 AM #3
GUESS_HU
< ^ > < ^ >
They have made some change so far from 3.42
09-23-2010, 11:34 AM #4
Elementt
Bushigan
I have to say, i really agree with you. I think sony changed the code to the simplest thing, mabye like press power, unplug usb,eject and plug in usb as an example. but I totally agree with youDancing:confused:
09-23-2010, 12:02 PM #5
yeah ik think ur right
09-23-2010, 12:57 PM #6
shiver
chaos personified
You should disassemble 3.42 and 3.41 and find where they made this simple change.

OR, to be honest you should take a look at the exploit itself. It was probably far easier to patch the exploit of the opening/closing of virtual usb ports that allows the code injection they changing how ALL of their service tech's service PS3's.
09-23-2010, 01:46 PM #7
GUESS_HU
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by shiver View Post
You should disassemble 3.42 and 3.41 and find where they made this simple change.

OR, to be honest you should take a look at the exploit itself. It was probably far easier to patch the exploit of the opening/closing of virtual usb ports that allows the code injection they changing how ALL of their service tech's service PS3's.

I think your first option would be too hard and your second option is som what like mine?
09-23-2010, 01:50 PM #8
shiver
chaos personified
Originally posted by HU View Post
I think your first option would be too hard and your second option is som what like mine?

No you are claiming they patched it the easy way by changing the startup sequence. You missed the sarcasm in my post.

Sony's options.

1. Retrain hundreds of thousand service techs to patch an exploit the easy way.

2. Patch it the right way which in no way effects their service techs or the end user.

Which do you think they chose?

This is why it has been weeks now since 3.42 and no way around it.
09-23-2010, 02:36 PM #9
GUESS_HU
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by shiver View Post
No you are claiming they patched it the easy way by changing the startup sequence. You missed the sarcasm in my post.

Sony's options.

1. Retrain hundreds of thousand service techs to patch an exploit the easy way.

2. Patch it the right way which in no way effects their service techs or the end user.

Which do you think they chose?

This is why it has been weeks now since 3.42 and no way around it.

Well the way i think of it is that maybe they had their own software that enabled them to boot any ps3 into a dev from usb to configure stuff and what not
Last edited by GUESS_HU ; 09-23-2010 at 03:06 PM.
09-23-2010, 03:18 PM #10
Elementt
Bushigan
Well i dont think theres software to do it, there HAS to be a way to do it. Hmm...what do you guys think about sony getting rid of the boot from usb in 3.42, but what if in 3.50 they brought it back with a new sequence to do it. I have 2 ps3s and there both still on 3.42 so i cant really try anything for 3.50

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo