12-17-2010, 01:14 AM #1
Spraze
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); hello NGU users i am going to bring to you some of the stuff that is going to happen when 3.42 update come out here it is.

Sony has struck back against users of the PS Jailbreak, a USB mod chip that allowed users to copy and play games from the PS3's hard drive, with a new security update. The 3.42 update is described as including additional security features, and seems to fix the exploit that allowed the PS Jailbreak to work.

The update will also be required to access PSN, meaning that the users have to choose between the Jailbreak and going online with their PS3. Richard Leadbetter, of Eurogamer's Digital Foundry, believes that hackers will now attempt to reverse-engineer this, and future, firmware updates in order to produce custom versions that leave the exploit intact.

This could mark the start of a firmware "arms race," with Sony and various hackers going back and forth trying to outdo each other. Presumably, Sony has something of an advantage, as every one of its firmware updates will have to be cracked, not just the ones that deal with security. It's naive to underestimate the resourcefulness of hackers though, and it's unlikely that we've heard the end of this.

Thanks
Atomik

+Rep is always Apriciated if i helped
Last edited by Spraze ; 12-17-2010 at 01:22 AM.
12-17-2010, 01:18 AM #2
Blackstorm
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
lol This isn't much of a secret.
12-17-2010, 01:21 AM #3
PSN TeCa-ToWn
Nothern KillaFornia 209
Sony can suck my D*ck ,they cant stop us from hacking Dancing and +rep

The following user thanked PSN TeCa-ToWn for this useful post:

x Too GodLy x
12-17-2010, 01:22 AM #4
Default Avatar
Sync
umm this isn't new in fact this is very old i think :confused:

The following 2 users say thank you to Sync for this useful post:

Blackstorm, Nicky74me
12-17-2010, 01:27 AM #5
8======D----
< ^ > < ^ >
were on 3.55... LOL
12-17-2010, 01:39 AM #6
x Too GodLy x
Are you high?
Originally posted by Atomik View Post
hello NGU users i am going to bring to you some of the stuff that is going to happen when 3.42 update come out here it is.

Sony has struck back against users of the PS Jailbreak, a USB mod chip that allowed users to copy and play games from the PS3's hard drive, with a new security update. The 3.42 update is described as including additional security features, and seems to fix the exploit that allowed the PS Jailbreak to work.

The update will also be required to access PSN, meaning that the users have to choose between the Jailbreak and going online with their PS3. Richard Leadbetter, of Eurogamer's Digital Foundry, believes that hackers will now attempt to reverse-engineer this, and future, firmware updates in order to produce custom versions that leave the exploit intact.

This could mark the start of a firmware "arms race," with Sony and various hackers going back and forth trying to outdo each other. Presumably, Sony has something of an advantage, as every one of its firmware updates will have to be cracked, not just the ones that deal with security. It's naive to underestimate the resourcefulness of hackers though, and it's unlikely that we've heard the end of this.

Thanks
Atomik

+Rep is always Apriciated if i helped

y our u talking about 3.42 we are on fw 3.55 so wtf

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

y our u talking about 3.42 we are on fw 3.55 so wtf
12-17-2010, 01:42 AM #7
Closed on request

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo