First you will need
- PS3 Official Firmware: You must login or register to view this content.
- Geohot's Firmware: [url=www.geohot.com/jailbreak.zip]HERE[/url]
You will need the OFFICIAL FIRMWARE if you previously had Custom Firmware on it.
1. Plug your USB Drive into your PC
2. Create a folder called PS3
3. Inside that, make a folder called UPDATE
4. Copy the PS3UPDAT.PUP file into UPDATE
5. Insert into PS3 USB Slot
6. Go to System Update > Update from Storage Media
7. Update to 3.55.
One you are on the Official Firmware, you can now continue.
1. Extract Geohot's ZIP file to your Desktop (or wherever is handiest)
2. Plug your USB Drive into your PC
3. Create a Folder called PS3
4. Inside that, make a folder called UPDATE
5. If a PS3UPDAT.PUP file exists, delete it, then copy the PS3UPDAT.PUP you extracted from the ZIP into it
6. Plug into PS3
7. System Update > Update from Storage Media
Your system will beep 3 times if you did something wrong, 8-9 times if it installed successfully. It will turn itself off so just turn it back on and that's the Jailbreak done.
It says no applicable data found?
Make sure the PS3UPDAT.PUP is in the right folder, it's also CaSe SeNsItIve.
What is different compared to the other CFW?
This sort of allows unsigned code, but you still need GeoMagic to use it.
My USB won't detect properly?
Make sure it is in FAT32 as that is the only format PS3 allows.
Can I host Challenge Lobbies?
As soon as Geohot releases the PKG tools, yes you can with FTP Server.