Post: .PKG signing/building program(works for backups of games)
01-14-2011, 02:29 PM #1
gola
OVER 9000!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.
Yes it's a copy and paste of the tutorial, I revised fixed spelling and grammar mistakes and stuff that doesn't make sense and ofcourse added other parts, why completely re-write a working tutorial?

This is a GUI .pkg building program it can be used with backups of games.
Download: You must login or register to view this content.

Tutorial

1) Make this the file structure, if it isn't already:

/TROPDIR
/USRDIR (MUST CONTAIN EBOOT.BIN!! NO SUBDIRECTORIES)
ICON0.PNG
PARAM.SFO (REQUIRED)
PIC0.PNG

2) Then you need to know the GAME ID and the game version, this can be acquired from the PARAM.SFO (open it with notepad and look at the end).

3) Manual is for manual editing the EBOOT.ELF (located in the USRDIR folder) and PARAM.SFO (located in the GAME folder).

4) Then finalize the package by signing as official, using geohots tool.

Yes, it does sign it is as official for installing on geohot CFW, and if installed and your on OFW it will be able to still be used.

Common errors:

Failed to backup EBOOT.BIN/PARAM.SFO - The program will not override the backups made in the BACKUP folder, move the old files first.

Unable to modify EBOOT.ELF - You are using the eboot.bin or eboot.elf of an already built for use with geohot 3.55 .pkg.

Unable to build pkg file - The PARAM.SFO you're trying to use is for a different game.

For haters this is what the tut looked like before editing, last part didn't even make sense:

1) make the file structure like:

--TROPDIR
--USRDIR (MUST CONTAIN EBOOT.BIN!! NO SUBDIRECTORIES)
ICON0.PNG
PARAM.SFO (REQUIRED)
PIC0.PNG

2) Then you need to know the GAME ID and the game version, this can be aquired from the PARAM.SFO (open it with notepad and look at the end)

3) Manual is for manual editting the EBOOT.ELF (located in the USRDIR folder) and PARAM.SFO (located in the GAMe folder)

4) 3.55 CFW is for finalizing the package to make it work with geohot's firmware

Source- PS3-Hacks
Last edited by gola ; 01-14-2011 at 02:34 PM.
01-20-2011, 12:01 AM #2
Default Avatar
rocks44
so what should i do if i get "Unable to modify EBOOT.ELF"?
02-09-2011, 05:45 PM #3
alipc09
You talkin to me?
me toooooo

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo