01-24-2011, 10:10 PM #1
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); as title says....

someone requested me to do this for them, i said no probs :carling:

so help guys :wub:
01-25-2011, 11:55 AM #2
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post
as title says....

someone requested me to do this for them, i said no probs :carling:

so help guys :wub:

What area do you need help with?
01-25-2011, 02:52 PM #3
DSx
Climbing up the ladder
I'm curious about this as well. Anyone know how?
01-25-2011, 03:40 PM #4
Default Avatar
mrzeba
Originally posted by another user
GT5 Hacking

In this tutorial, I will show you how to swap out your game save with another one. I have provided a game save with 20 million credits, and a level 40 in B-spec.

Requirements:
Jailbroken PS3
blackb0x FTP homebrew installed on ps3
A FTP client installed on your PC (I will be using FireFTP, an add-on for firefox)

Step 1:
Create a new USER ACCOUNT, unless you want to overwrite your main account's game save (you will lose everything)
Then create a PSN account on the new user name if you plan on sending yourself cars or playing online.

Step 2:
Start up GT5 on the new user account, and create a new game. Get all the way up to the point where you have to buy a used car with the 20,000Cr they give you. When you are able to browse the dealerships, quit back to the XMB.

Step 3:
Open the homebrew application under games, blackb0x FTP.
You should be greeted with a simple screen that has an IP address in the middle of the screen. Now its time to open up your FTP application on your PC.

Step 4:
In the FTP program, enter the IP address that the PS3 application gave you. Hit connect on your PC application.

Step 5:
If all was done correctly, you should see this directory:
Resized to 94% (was 645 x 390) - Click image to enlargePosted Image

That is the Ps3 HARD DRIVE. You do not want to mess around in there!
What your going to do is browse to this location: /dev_hdd0/home
-Click dev_hdd0 folder, opening it
-open the folder labeled "home"

Step 6:
Now that you are in the directory: "/dev_hdd0/home" You should see a couple folders named with numbers. Those folders are your user accounts. They go in order as they do in the Users section on the XMB.
For example, lets say you have 3 User accounts named, 1, 2, and 3. The first folder in "/dev_hdd0/home" will be User 1. The second folder will be User 2. And the 3rd folder will be User 3. It's that simple.

Step 7:
Once you determined which account is which, open the folder of the account you want to swap the game save with. Now open the folder labeled "savedata". Yup, you guessed it, that's where all the game saves for that account will be. If it is a new User Account you made the GT5 save on previously (in step 2), you will only see 1 folder. In the US, the folder is named "BCUS98114-GAME". That is the GT5 game save folder.
Resized to 94% (was 643 x 403) - Click image to enlargePosted Image

Step 8:
Open up the GT5 game save. You should now see 5 files. We are almost there!
Now open up the game save that I gave you. You should only have 2 files in the save that I gave you. Those 2 file names match 2 of the files in the game save on the PS3. Guess what you do with them? Replace them! Here's how:
Take the 2 files and drag them into the game save folder labeled "BCUS98114-GAME". It should ask you to overwrite, hit yes, or overwrite all.
Resized to 54% (was 1126 x 395) - Click image to enlargePosted Image

After the transfer is complete, YOU ARE FINISHED! Enjoy the 20 mil credits and level 40 B-spec.

Game Save Download
NOTE: THAT GAME SAVE IS NOT MINE. IT BELONGS TO aCe_Se7eN FROM NGU.
The save comes with:

- A Spec - Level 25
- B Spec - Level 40
- Credit - 20 Mil
- S.Vettel and Carbon X2010 or I guess there is white X2010 as well.
- Level 24 gift car voucher
- F2007 & F10
- Some race cars
- Stealth Cars (Audi R10, Merc SLS, Nissan GTR, Honda NSX & McLaren) - not sure this will work with this hack or not.
- Few matte paint chips

(Stealth cars WILL NOT work.)

Even though the game save is not mine, the tutorial is! Please do not rip without giving credit. If you need questions, feel free to ask and I'll help you as soon as I can.

Enjoy!

You must login or register to view this content.

credit to jimmynine120

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo