02-20-2011, 11:47 PM #1
AlphaPoppy
Climbing up the ladder
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm trying to figure out a way to downgrade my PS3 to 3.55 and I finally found a way to. But I gotta brick my PS3. Can anyone please tell me how I can brick my PS3? I already tried so many ways to but it still turns on fine.

Here is the website with the downgrading instuctions btw. Looks pretty ligit to me.
You must login or register to view this content.
02-20-2011, 11:48 PM #2
Michael
I love smart girls. ♥
It won't work. Just stick to 3.56.
02-21-2011, 12:03 AM #3
AlphaPoppy
Climbing up the ladder
Are you sure? People on the site already said it does
02-21-2011, 12:07 AM #4
rgh this has been posted many many many times now.
02-21-2011, 12:10 AM #5
xpotato
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by DarkGrim View Post
Are you sure? People on the site already said it does

it works if your lucky, this has been posted before and it has been confirmed by only a few number of users, nobody wants to risk the downgrade because it is a RISKY move and if your unlucky it could result in a broken PS3
02-21-2011, 12:14 AM #6
AlphaPoppy
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by xpotato View Post
it works if your lucky, this has been posted before and it has been confirmed by only a few number of users, nobody wants to risk the downgrade because it is a RISKY move and if your unlucky it could result in a broken PS3

Well I already got 2 PS3's so if one breaks, I can just use the other one.
But can you tell me any ways to brick it? I already got the unbricking stuff.
02-21-2011, 12:18 AM #7
xpotato
Bounty hunter

I would just like to say I DO NOT RECCOMEND BRICKING YOUR PS3
but if you still want to go through with it goodluck,

Bricking Methods
#1.)While INSTALLING, (Not download) Unplug the power cord from the PS3. This could take from 1 try to 10000 trys. It's all about what model PS3 you have. The older, the more easier.[CONFIRMED]
#2.)Create a backup, and while it is formatting, unplug your power cord from the PS3 console. This way is more easier then the FW update method. [UNCONFIRMED]
#3.)Restore your PS3, while it is restoring, yank that power cord. [CONFIRMED]
#4.)PS3 hard drive corrupt on you? Restore default settings and yank that power cord once again, and say "Hi" to that nice bricked screen of yours. [CONFIRMED]
#5.)Run a piece of corrupted homebrew. (Must be on 3.55 to install corupted homebrew)
#6.)Format your PS3, and while it's formatting, yank that power cord.[CONFIRMED]
02-21-2011, 12:18 AM #8
SupaTrollioBros
I can has potato!

Shut down while installing a firmware...
02-21-2011, 12:34 AM #9
AlphaPoppy
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by xpotato View Post
I would just like to say I DO NOT RECCOMEND BRICKING YOUR PS3
but if you still want to go through with it goodluck,

Bricking Methods
#1.)While INSTALLING, (Not download) Unplug the power cord from the PS3. This could take from 1 try to 10000 trys. It's all about what model PS3 you have. The older, the more easier.[CONFIRMED]
#2.)Create a backup, and while it is formatting, unplug your power cord from the PS3 console. This way is more easier then the FW update method. [UNCONFIRMED]
#3.)Restore your PS3, while it is restoring, yank that power cord. [CONFIRMED]
#4.)PS3 hard drive corrupt on you? Restore default settings and yank that power cord once again, and say "Hi" to that nice bricked screen of yours. [CONFIRMED]
#5.)Run a piece of corrupted homebrew. (Must be on 3.55 to install corupted homebrew)
#6.)Format your PS3, and while it's formatting, yank that power cord.[CONFIRMED]

I tried all that (besides the homebrew one) and it still turns on fine. I have a PS3 Slim.
02-21-2011, 12:38 AM #10
xpotato
Bounty hunter
I tried all that (besides the homebrew one) and it still turns on fine. I have a PS3 Slim.

to get your PS3 to brick is hard, members have posted that their PS3's just wouldn't BRICK xD

Im sorry but I have no other explaination for you, I tried to help but it just didn't work xD maybe try the search button haha

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo