Post: PS3 linux exploit! Read/write to ALL system memory!
03-08-2011, 12:20 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This exploit allows you to read/write to ALL system memory.. And soon we might find METLDR.

Things you'l need:

Exploit binnary that you'l need: You must login or register to view this content.
Linux on your PS3..
Some knowledge of linux..

Alright, once you have linux up and running, log in using the username you made while installing. Open up a terminal (Applications->Accessories->Terminal) type in sudo passwd
Then enter your current users password once, followed by your new one twice. You can now use your root account.

Now, type in su and then input your root password to gain root access. Your going to need to create a dir to put everything in, I suggest creating it in the root of the file system. To create the dir type in "mkdir /files" without the quotes. Now type in "chmod a+rw /files" This allows all users to have full read/write access.
Now type in "chown username:username /files" Username is your username. This gives you ownership.

Now you need to run the exploit software by uploading it via a USB device. Put it on your USB, and insert it into your USB slot on your PS3. It will automount for you, and bring an icon up on your desktop. Click the icon to open up the file browser, and choose "Open in new window" then select "file system" and then "files" now put the files from your USB into the "files" dir.

You can now run the software. Don't run it in the current terminal while in GUI. Run it from console mode. If you run it from the current terminal, your PS3 will become very slow, and won't respond, and you'l have to restart it.
Last edited by EnVy_AsTrO ; 03-08-2011 at 01:08 AM.

The following 2 users say thank you to EnVy_AsTrO for this useful post:

iMAGEi, NextGenDev
03-08-2011, 01:49 AM #20
Originally posted by NoLimit View Post
i dont even know what ubuntu is, where do i get at and what does it do, you are helping me sooo much im sorry for so many questions but im desperate for linux

Try using this.. Ubuntu is another version of linux.

You must login or register to view this content.
03-08-2011, 01:52 AM #21
Ares-NoLimit
HIGH ROLLA
Originally posted by AsTrO View Post
Try using this.. Ubuntu is another version of linux.

You must login or register to view this content.

thank you soo much but that link gives a 404 error
03-08-2011, 01:59 AM #22
thank you soo much but that link gives a 404 error

I'll give you another link tomorrow. I'm getting off now.
03-08-2011, 02:24 AM #23
Goblom
Gym leader
This exploit allows you to read/write to ALL system memory.. And soon we might find METLDR.

Things you'l need:

Exploit binnary that you'l need: You must login or register to view this content.
Linux on your PS3..

Alright, once you have linux up and running, log in using the username you made while installing. Open up a terminal (Applications->Accessories->Terminal) type in sudo passwd
Then enter your current users password once, followed by your new one twice. You can now use your root account.

Now, type in su and then input your root password to gain root access. Your going to need to create a dir to put everything in, I suggest creating it in the root of the file system. To create the dir type in "mkdir /files" without the quotes. Now type in "chmod a+rw /files" This allows all users to have full read/write access.
Now type in "chown username:username /files" Username is your username. This gives you ownership.

Now you need to run the exploit software by uploading it via a USB device. Put it on your USB, and insert it into your USB slot on your PS3. It will automount for you, and bring an icon up on your desktop. Click the icon to open up the file browser, and choose "Open in new window" then select "file system" and then "files" now put the files from your USB into the "files" dir.

You can now run the software. Don't run it in the current terminal while in GUI. Run it from console mode. If you run it from the current terminal, your PS3 will become very slow, and won't respond, and you'l have to restart it.

So we run this on the PS3 Linux?
03-08-2011, 03:32 AM #24
Originally posted by Goblom View Post
So we run this on the PS3 Linux?

Yes. But you need to follow the tutorial. This won't help you much now. This is for devs. But I'm working on find the keys, which we will soon have.
03-08-2011, 04:06 AM #25
default graphics cord??

i think to reset ur video setting u hold power button till 3 beeps dont go into safe mode or w/e jus once and it should reset ur video settings.. idk if that helps jus throwing out there

The following user thanked Mr.Pure420 for this useful post:

Ares-NoLimit
03-08-2011, 05:01 AM #26
wardoc22
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
screw soney for taking otheros
03-09-2011, 12:01 AM #27
Originally posted by wardoc22 View Post
screw soney for taking otheros

Use asbestOS.
03-09-2011, 12:08 AM #28
jfed
Climbing up the ladder
This exploit allows you to read/write to ALL system memory.. And soon we might find METLDR.

Things you'l need:

Linux on your PS3..

this has been around for quite some time and we have the metdlr and you cant write to flash with this. and even if it could we dont need to have linux to see the flash just a jb ps3 with black box.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo