10-25-2011, 03:53 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Lets face it, jailbreaking is no more. There will not be another public release untill it becomes legal (which it wont) so only the dev's will have them. face it, no more. So I think we have to return to an old friend, a friend which name we all know "HDD Decryption". Now we remember Unkn0wns video's on the 3.40 method, and that was good, and it looks like the only way.

We have issue's on this method, here are some:

Filesystem:
*The Playstation 3 Uses an unknown filesystem.
- The default system is fat32, but it's "hashed" in a way where it's only encrypt-decrypt is through
console id, and firmware version.
(Yes, the PS3 checks if the firmware version (>=current nand(or nor)firmware version)

So basically they have a hidden password. The same as 2 encryptions or a "hash/salt" which makes it virtually impossible to view on a pc through as sata cable.

Now on Debian or Linux you can dump the rawfile of your harddrive into a .bin file. This file contains both the console id, and the ps3 firmware version present (if any).
*This is the reason why you have to re-install firmware while formatting harddrive.
(Thanks to anon dev at devps3wiki for teaching me methods)
*Whats awkward about the filesize of this .bin is it total size in bytes is very close to a certain number
most cod players know. The infamous max score in game (21417.... etc.)

Known Facts:
*The playstation 3 has a built in cache-ing feature that can gather data about console id, and firmware after your data files (music/movies/gamedata)
* This cache-ing starts at hex value 0x00 which is found using a dummy file an was exploitable, and was used for old decryptation of your .bin file for patch modding (hunter/unkn0wn) :whistle:
NEW:*The hex value that checks your current software is located at 3xE9
-This often looks like symbols at represented after 3 @'s.
You must login or register to view this content.
-Mine is "ßðâ" which in terms represents 3.72
(btw the reason it's red is I was testing if I could paste the version before the check to try and bypass but it didn't work)

Ideas in consideration:
*We know psn banned by console id, not mac id/ip address/or psn name
*How could they find this console id?
(I do not know how to do this atm, I will look into or hand over to a developer. If someone know's how to find the ID then we can match it)

Why is this all important?
*If we know where the console id, and firmware id checks are then we can "fake" them.
-this could allow for a downgrade (read further)
*Possible erase these and allow for any HDD to be inserted, and playable, or even viewable on a computer just by fat32!!!!

Theories:

1) NEW PATCHES
If we can fake the ID, then we can get rid of the "hash" over the filesystem, and then hook up ps3 HDD to PC via SATA cable. We could then view it as fat32, and not the "hashed" version of it. Allowing for total control, and easy patches/switches.

2) Downgrade via HDD (WTF its stored on flash!!! :FUSmile
Now this might seem crazy, but in upgrade firmwares, it copies to the harddrive before it installs for safe-being. Now I know for fact you can unplug HDD, and plug it in and it will continue the installation cycle. Now if we "fake" the current firmware version, as say put in 3.55 used HDD, and display the current version as (>=3.7x+) it will install by default, and continue the installation process.
(now obviously it's not safe tested and would probably blow up your playstation from all the curruptness.)
This will allow lower firmware to be installed, but we would need dev's to fix file errors, and etc. to actually get this working but it is a possibility in the near future.

Objectives:
*Find out how to find specific console id
*Find the actuall "check" location as to what version the firmware is on
*Find out a way to delete this, and create a "fake" edited version.

This will be updates, and this was all on my own research, I will not be releasing my own .bin file for my HDD but I can give you some pointers on how to do this. I would like this to be a leaping step in to actually going somewhere in this dead ps3 hacking section.

Reason im doing this?
A: not for fame, nor glory. Just so we can openly access out HDD again.

It's our HDD we should use it how we want!!!!

and have a good day.

FINAL UPDATE!! RELEASE!!
Its finally done, and to all those haters, well keep hating I guess... lol

Thanks to Graf_Chokolo for this one.

Use this command to permanently disable ps3 HDD encryption.

ps3dm_sm set_del_def_encdec_key

With that you patch the virtual encryption.

What does this mean?
A: You can use this in any ps3 without re-formatting, and view patches, and change them at will on your pc via sata cable.

UPDATE #3
BIG UPDATE!!! Happy

New research that fat, and ntfs are patented by microsoft, the PS3 uses a unix based filesystem, since it could originally run linux.

The filesystem is UFS, and UFS2.

Get your linux out!!! view the filesystem, and you can manually delete the checks.

What does this mean?
A:We basically have found out the filesystem, and all ps3 files are vunrable now!

UPDATE #2

Alright, I remember when I was on CFW that the comment data is not encrypted at all what-so-ever! so just hit ctrl + f on your keyboard to use the find function. Type in your current comment active. Now when you replace your comment is has to be the exact size in bytes. so like if you had "1337 PRO!" you could only change it to something with 9 characters such as "m0dd3rz!!"

Now you may ask "What's good with this?"
A: You can put secret symbols from your pc in your comment. nothing real cool, just a cool little feature :p

UPDATE #1

Thanks to _______ (forgot name atm s0z :()

We have recieved info that your console ID is in DEV flash. PSN ID spoofer is another way to get it.
But 1 problem, we have to find a way to link that back to the HDD .bin data to fully get the cache part of it.

Now another big help is on ps3 dev wiki, they released how to get boot,mdlr which can be used to find Console ID.
Im going to have to buy a ProgSkeet chip to dump my flash data, and then I will use this method.
I am working very hard and hoping to get a link soon.

If you are interested in helping, and have logical sense of how the ps3 works then pm me.

also might have found where your PSN comment is stored in raw data. We might get that! :3

How to view edit

We can look at the filesystem now, we got 2 methods

Method 1:
Basically get a linux based OS such as ubuntu, or debian (most favorited) plug in your HDD via sata cable. Update the drivers, and should be viewable.

Method 2:
If your on windows and don't wont to download another os, download a program called UFS explorer, and you can successfully look at ps3 filesystem.

download UFS Explorer here: You must login or register to view this content.

MAKE SURE YOU PATCH ENCRYPTION WITH THE COMMAND!

"ps3dm_sm set_del_def_encdec_key"

run this command in terminal on a LINUX Operating System.

you need Grafs kernals

ps3dm-utils GIT repository: git://git.dukio.com/ps3dm-utils.git
linux hv scripts GIT repository: git://git.dukio.com/linux_hv_scripts.git

What does this mean?
Some of the effects of this
* Any file on ps3 is now viewable
* Your HDD can be used in any ps3 without re-format
* allows placing of patches in
* allows placing of .pkg files on ps3 (although you wouldn't be able to exec them because they are not signed)
* Virtual part of HDD is now accessable

EDIT: YOU NEED A LINUX OS!

install graf's git's to your linux os, then plug in your hdd via sata cable.

open terminal and run that command pointing to your drive (ex: ASmile

After that encryption will be disabled, so you have to re-download any patches you want to replace

next go onto your windows/mac pc and then use UFS Explorer.

you can view as a flashdrive. hope that helps..

For those having trouble:
Last edited by Jakes625 ; 11-04-2011 at 09:31 PM.

The following 151 users say thank you to Jakes625 for this useful post:

-☃-, ResistTheMoon, /RunDos/, +KC, 105tommy105, AMNE, Andr3wM, AndreeU, azote, Bad Luck Brian, bluer105, bnader, Brentdevent, Brian235026, Car Lover, chazza1, deneo24, chickensamw1993, ChrizLopez, Cien, Classy., clayton567, ClutchNastii671, ComoSexual, Correy, Cpt.Hayden, CrEaTiiOn_FleX, dakleene, DarkPassenger, DecDeviL, Demmonnixx, Det0x, DinoFreak, Dman93, Drank, DReal253, dv7-gen, eazynow82, Ehhx, SweatyMidgets, FireWire, forcer911, FourzerotwoFAILS, Freezinskull, FuntCase, FuzzaMuzza, Gotham_Shadow, gringo96, Heaney, henrymejia, hollandje, Holleeder, Beats, iLLy-i, iNK Shot, ishauny, JaMbO, Jannis96, Jared, jmj, johnnyla, Jorgos Nomikos, Josh, Joshieee, karandeep, Karoolus, killa skillz, killway1, Kitty=^.^=, KrimiNaLzZz, kuruptaz, kvichak, legitmod, JokerRey, Lovol, Sterg, Microsuck, Mr Grumpy, MythGavin, Nero., ngu me, Ninja, NJN, Obris, ogbrandon, Omshivam, oO-GKUSH-Oo, Pauly, Peirau, phantons, pixie5, Post Count, primetime43, pspdoggy1, PsYcHoSiS and 51 other users.

The following 7 users groaned at Jakes625 for this awful post:

7UP-, GE90, iMLB's Main Hoe, User23434, Ritztro, Rowdy, xShowtime32x
10-25-2011, 03:58 AM #2
ComoSexual
Old Mutant Fat Turtles
Originally posted by River
Lets face it, jailbreaking is no more. There will not be another public release untill it becomes legal (which it wont) so only the dev's will have them. face it, no more. So I think we have to return to an old friend, a friend which name we all know "HDD Decryption". Now we remember Unkn0wns video's on the 3.40 method, and that was good, and it looks like the only way.

We have issue's on this method, here are some:

Filesystem:
*The Playstation 3 Uses an unknown filesystem.
- The default system is fat32, but it's "hashed" in a way where it's only encrypt-decrypt is through
console id, and firmware version.
(Yes, the PS3 checks if the firmware version (>=current nand(or nor)firmware version)

So basically they have a hidden password. The same as 2 encryptions or a "hash/salt" which makes it virtually impossible to view on a pc through as sata cable.

Now on Debian or Linux you can dump the rawfile of your harddrive into a .bin file. This file contains both the console id, and the ps3 firmware version present (if any).
*This is the reason why you have to re-install firmware while formatting harddrive.
(Thanks to anon dev at devps3wiki for teaching me methods)
*Whats awkward about the filesize of this .bin is it total size in bytes is very close to a certain number
most cod players know. The infamous max score in game (21417.... etc.)

Known Facts:
*The playstation 3 has a built in cache-ing feature that can gather data about console id, and firmware after your data files (music/movies/gamedata)
* This cache-ing starts at hex value 0x00 which is found using a dummy file an was exploitable, and was used for old decryptation of your .bin file for patch modding (hunter/unkn0wn) :whistle:
NEW:*The hex value that checks your current software is located at 3xE9
-This often looks like symbols at represented after 3 @'s.
-Mine is "ßðâ" which in terms represents 3.72
(btw the reason it's red is I was testing if I could paste the version before the check to try and bypass but it didn't work)

Ideas in consideration:
*We know psn banned by console id, not mac id/ip address/or psn name
*How could they find this console id?
(I do not know how to do this atm, I will look into or hand over to a developer. If someone know's how to find the ID then we can match it)

Why is this all important?
*If we know where the console id, and firmware id checks are then we can "fake" them.
-this could allow for a downgrade (read further)
*Possible erase these and allow for any HDD to be inserted, and playable, or even viewable on a computer just by fat32!!!!

Theories:

1) NEW PATCHES
If we can fake the ID, then we can get rid of the "hash" over the filesystem, and then hook up ps3 HDD to PC via SATA cable. We could then view it as fat32, and not the "hashed" version of it. Allowing for total control, and easy patches/switches.

2) Downgrade via HDD (WTF its stored on flash!!! :FUSmile
Now this might seem crazy, but in upgrade firmwares, it copies to the harddrive before it installs for safe-being. Now I know for fact you can unplug HDD, and plug it in and it will continue the installation cycle. Now if we "fake" the current firmware version, as say put in 3.55 used HDD, and display the current version as (>=3.7x+) it will install by default, and continue the installation process.
(now obviously it's not safe tested and would probably blow up your playstation from all the curruptness.)
This will allow lower firmware to be installed, but we would need dev's to fix file errors, and etc. to actually get this working but it is a possibility in the near future.

Objectives:
*Find out how to find specific console id
*Find the actuall "check" location as to what version the firmware is on
*Find out a way to delete this, and create a "fake" edited version.

This will be updates, and this was all on my own research, I will not be releasing my own .bin file for my HDD but I can give you some pointers on how to do this. I would like this to be a leaping step in to actually going somewhere in this dead ps3 hacking section.

Reason im doing this?
A: not for fame, nor glory. Just so we can openly access out HDD again.

It's our HDD we should use it how we want!!!!

and have a good day.

real nice Happy i just hope you didnt copy and paste, will test later Awesome face

The following user thanked ComoSexual for this useful post:

dv7-gen
10-25-2011, 03:59 AM #3
BiGGiE_BiGz
I am error
Interesting, this will be difficult.
10-25-2011, 04:01 AM #4
Krow
Haxor!
This shit was Japanese to me, seems interesting however.

Respect for the time and effort, hopefully something may come of this.

The following 3 users say thank you to Krow for this useful post:

Cien, jogeboy, Joshhyyy-

The following user groaned Krow for this awful post:

10-25-2011, 04:04 AM #5
Originally posted by Dellen View Post
real nice Happy i just hope you didnt copy and paste, will test later Awesome face

Its not a copy and paste, I can assure you that.

In fact don't assume I copy/pasted for rep on here, don't even rep me, the real reason was to get this section up and going again. lets face it, this section is deader than a doorknob.

The following 11 users say thank you to Jakes625 for this useful post:

DReal253, Fuser's Hoe, GirlModder, ishauny, ngu me, pooponme, QsM, Relevant Is God, Skyl1n3, Superchunk, TEXAS24_ReStEr
10-25-2011, 05:12 AM #6
ii-ViViD
Do a barrel roll!
Very nice. I have been looking into similar things.

The following user thanked ii-ViViD for this useful post:

10-25-2011, 09:23 AM #7
steve-0
Bounty hunter
this would be the eaisest way by far, and safest in respect of bricking consoles, just like the good dold days of the softmod lol good work dude
10-25-2011, 10:30 AM #8
zxz0O0
Are you high?
If you say the filesystem is a hashed fat32, how comes you can have files >4gb on it?
10-25-2011, 11:57 AM #9
pixie5
Do a barrel roll!
This is true but you cant fake a firm ware without modifing the lv1 checks and you NOR/NAND but this might be a new way of switching hard drives with out formatting. Nice post!
Last edited by pixie5 ; 10-25-2011 at 12:00 PM.

The following user thanked pixie5 for this useful post:

Alexis Rhodes
10-25-2011, 12:03 PM #10
Originally posted by zxz0O0 View Post
If you say the filesystem is a hashed fat32, how comes you can have files >4gb on it?

Huh? external HDD's for the ps3 have to be in fat32 format to work.
They can have over 4GB.

Plus all the psn employee's and dev's say the default HDD is fat32.
But I'll get back to you if that didn't answer your question. sorry Happy

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Originally posted by pixie5 View Post
This is true but you cant fake a firm ware without modifing the lv1 checks and you NOR/NAND but this might be a new way of switching hard drives with out formatting. Nice post!

well the ps3 also checks the harddrive to make sure it's the same version to allow it to work. I was thinking we could change the "checked" version from the original version after it's copied to the HDD.

But this is all something we all will have to look into! :y:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo