Post: [TUT]Want to make your modded PS3 look cooler?**Modded PS3 Required**
09-21-2012, 08:22 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); When modding with the visuals/effects on a modded PS3 could get risky. But!, if you follow this tutorial exactly the way I explain it then you should be fine.I'm going to walk threw the steps of changing the systems fonts and boot ups.I would advise you to make a Backup of your "dev_flash".I have only done this on You must login or register to view this content.[/SIZE][/B]

First, You will need the following:[/SIZE]

A handy dandy USB Device

Fonts:

You must login or register to view this content.

FTP/File manager (If needed):

The downloads I have provided:

AsbestOS v1.5 .pkg-

Choose a boot up:

Death Station 3 Boot Up-

Pirate Boot Up-

High Life Boot Up-

How to change system fonts:

(This is going to change the systems font. This only changes one font and does not change the second font/and or name of font)

1st.Download the .pkg file I provided and install it to your modded PS3.

2nd.Run the application and when done press "cross" to exit.

3rd.Open your FTP/File Manager (File manager Works best for this).

4th.Go to the directory "dev_rwflash/data/font/".

5th.Download any font you want (just make sure its .TTF)

6th.Make a copy of the font and rename the first copy to "SCE-PS3-VR-R-LATIN.TTF" and the second copy "SCE-PS3-VR-R-LATIN2.TTF" and place it onto your USB device and plug it into your PS3.

7th.Go back on to your file manager and go to the directory "dev_rwflash/data/font/" and copy the new fonts into the directory from your USB device,overwriting the old ones (hope you made a back up).

8th.After transferring the new fonts,exit your file manager and go to "Settings" under the "XMB" and go to "Themes" and go to "Fonts" and choose any font (the names will not be changed).

Extra. If you would like to replace the second font,follow all the same steps except replace the "SCE-PS3-VR-R-LATIN.TTF" & "SCE-PS3-VR-R-LATIN2.TTF" to "SCE-PS3-SR-R-LATIN.TTF" & "SCE-PS3-SR-R-LATIN2.TTF"

How to change systems boot up:

(this is going to change the way your system boots up)

1st.Follow steps 1st, 2nd, 3rd up top^.

2nd.Download the custom boot up I provided (or if you have your own)and place it into your USB device and plug it into your modded PS3.

3rd.Go to the directory "dev_rwflash/vsh/resource" from your file manager and copy all the files from each .zip file I provided for each custom boot up into the directory (overwrite if necessary).

4th.Close out of your file manager and restart your PS3

***This is for education purposes only,and I hold no responsibility to any damage done to your/any PS3 systems***

If there is already a post like this then inbox me and ill let someone know to take this down.Inbox me if you happen to see any errors/broken download links to any of my posts. I would be more than happy to go back and fix the errors.

The following 2 users say thank you to HaXingInc for this useful post:

FaSt_FrEEdOm, ImCreativeModdz

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo