05-04-2013, 03:17 PM #1
BLiNDzZ
Who’s Jim Erased?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
4.xx CFW

We all miss they days where Cfw ps3's didn't get banned for being online because Sony didn't care but now ever since 4.x they seemed to be stepping up there game and so are we. Everyday we have people posting in the ps3 mods and questions inquires looking for help, well there is a easy answer for this, CFW most people that are new to the jailbreak scene stay on 3.55 because they are scared to update to 4.xx Cfw because they think they will be stuck there and that it wont work, (i was once like this) but guys there's nothing to be scared off, its actually alot better its updated to let us play the newest games without error messages, and game fixes and editing EBOOT.BIN's to allow us to play games on 3.55 but day after day 3.55 Cfw is becoming more and more outdated, and eventually it will be nothing but error's as day after day more and more developers are working on things for 4.xx Cfw not 3.55, thats why there are some many problems with.

Error Messages

There will always be errors with 3.55 CFW because of how old it is, Incase most of you dont know 3.55 Firmware was aired on December 7th, 2010, thats almost 3 years old, this error messages you are getting are mostly caused by the outdated files, 4.xx CFW doesnt have half as many errors as 3.55, we have pro development teams working on 4.xx CFW like, Rogero, Rebug Team, many other small teams i can remember but these teams usually have new CFW for the newest updates the week they are released.

Best Things Of 4.xx CFW

There are many good things about 4.xx CFW, one of the best things being the newest updated files and being able to play the newest games without searching for hours looking for a fix to play it on 3.55, as soon only allows consoles to play games the the version of which the game was developed on. One thing i believe is that 3.55 actually causes more chance of YLOD because of they outdated files, for one because sony can change the fan speed with a simply firmware update and keep console's from overheating. So if updating to 4.xx CFW was going to keep my console from overheating, i was all in.

Now What?

Well if you have decided to update your CFW to 4.xx then please take a look at this thread for all the CFW links you could think of You must login or register to view this content.

Also one thing to remember when you update to 4.xx CFW you will need to get your home-brew for 4.xx now (trust me its alot better) Well i hope this convinces you to update as i was at one point scared to update but i am now on DEX fw (Master of all FW LOL)
Here is a link to some 4.xx Pkg's Signed for 4.xx You must login or register to view this content.[/COLOR]
Last edited by BLiNDzZ ; 05-04-2013 at 03:30 PM.

The following 14 users say thank you to BLiNDzZ for this useful post:

cod5cl, CodModder86, DEREKTROTTER, Sabotage, Gandalf, ResistTheJamsha, Mayimbe17, MRHackzFTW, nawking, Pseudo_Soldier, Slice, Smexeh, SnaY, The_Gazra
05-04-2013, 03:22 PM #2
Otib
lolololololol
Change some of the font colors it made my eyes bleed...

and people still do CFW? I thought it blew out lol
05-04-2013, 11:25 PM #3
Lol you making it sound like its fatal if you upgrade and that you will never be able to go back witch you can with a simple downgrade pup lol.
05-04-2013, 11:38 PM #4
Şo∏Ψ ₩ʜI₮℮
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by BLiNDzZ
4.xx CFW

We all miss they days where Cfw ps3's didn't get banned for being online because Sony didn't care but now ever since 4.x they seemed to be stepping up there game and so are we. Everyday we have people posting in the ps3 mods and questions inquires looking for help, well there is a easy answer for this, CFW most people that are new to the jailbreak scene stay on 3.55 because they are scared to update to 4.xx Cfw because they think they will be stuck there and that it wont work, (i was once like this) but guys there's nothing to be scared off, its actually alot better its updated to let us play the newest games without error messages, and game fixes and editing EBOOT.BIN's to allow us to play games on 3.55 but day after day 3.55 Cfw is becoming more and more outdated, and eventually it will be nothing but error's as day after day more and more developers are working on things for 4.xx Cfw not 3.55, thats why there are some many problems with.

Error Messages

There will always be errors with 3.55 CFW because of how old it is, Incase most of you dont know 3.55 Firmware was aired on December 7th, 2010, thats almost 3 years old, this error messages you are getting are mostly caused by the outdated files, 4.xx CFW doesnt have half as many errors as 3.55, we have pro development teams working on 4.xx CFW like, Rogero, Rebug Team, many other small teams i can remember but these teams usually have new CFW for the newest updates the week they are released.

Best Things Of 4.xx CFW

There are many good things about 4.xx CFW, one of the best things being the newest updated files and being able to play the newest games without searching for hours looking for a fix to play it on 3.55, as soon only allows consoles to play games the the version of which the game was developed on. One thing i believe is that 3.55 actually causes more chance of YLOD because of they outdated files, for one because sony can change the fan speed with a simply firmware update and keep console's from overheating. So if updating to 4.xx CFW was going to keep my console from overheating, i was all in.

Now What?

Well if you have decided to update your CFW to 4.xx then please take a look at this thread for all the CFW links you could think of You must login or register to view this content.

Also one thing to remember when you update to 4.xx CFW you will need to get your home-brew for 4.xx now (trust me its alot better) Well i hope this convinces you to update as i was at one point scared to update but i am now on DEX fw (Master of all FW LOL)
Here is a link to some 4.xx Pkg's Signed for 4.xx You must login or register to view this content.[/COLOR]

This is goood Happy
05-04-2013, 11:57 PM #5
Nice thread bro
05-05-2013, 08:29 PM #6
niceee bro <3
05-05-2013, 09:46 PM #7
Originally posted by BLiNDzZ
4.xx CFW

Error Messages

Best Things Of 4.xx CFW

Now What?

Good post Buddy Smile
05-05-2013, 11:23 PM #8
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
Honestly this is common sense? If "kids" don't understand why updating to a higher CUSTOM FIRMWARE isn't better than the original 3.55 JAILBREAK, then they shouldn't own a modified system.
05-10-2013, 08:38 PM #9
Yo guys im new to this jailbreak thing, can anyone tell me if i can jailbreak a higher firmware than 3.55?

Thanks and sorry 4 my bad english, im portuguese.
05-10-2013, 08:41 PM #10
The_Gazra
League Champion
Originally posted by D View Post
Yo guys im new to this jailbreak thing, can anyone tell me if i can jailbreak a higher firmware than 3.55?

Thanks and sorry 4 my bad english, im portuguese.

No there is not you have to be on 3.55 to get on a 4.xx CFW so to answer your question in short nope.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo