Post: [TUTORIAL] How to Play PS2 games on ALL PS3 slim models
07-02-2014, 03:00 PM #1
Respect_Cartman
Maggbot timeout!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
So many people have been searching for a good tutorial that will enable them to play PS2 games on their PS3. I did research for a long time and after many trial and errors I finally got it down in proper steps.

***YOU NEED A JAILBROKEN PS3 RUNNING A RELIABLE CEX CFW ***

NOTE

• It is important to follow steps of this tutorial in exact order or else youwill be spending few frustrated hours in front of your console and imaginingyourself beating it down with a sledge hammer (well at least I did! LOL)
  • Note: All filesand folders are case sensitive so please pay attention when creating folders!
  • MAKE SURE that PS2 game that you are dumping is properly patched and encrypted or else this tutorial or any tutorial will not help you!

STEPS

1. You can either make a game back through multiman from your PS2 disk or you can transfer a downloaded PS2 ISO to dev_hdd0/PS2ISO (you can do this via USB drive or FTP client i.e. Filezilla)
  2. Place ReactPSN.pkg to root directory of your USB
  3. Now extract PS2 Classics Placeholder R3 and place the following three directly to the root of your USB:

• [PS2U10000]_PS2_Classics_Placeholder_R3.pkg
    • exdata (folder)
    • klicensee (folder)

4. Now plug your USB to the Right port (USB port closest to your bluray drive).
  5. Now install react PSN (do not run it from games menu yet)
  6. Now install PS2 Classics Placeholder
  7. Once installation is complete, now you need to create a new user account with name aa
  8. Now Login to your new account “aa” and run ReactPSN. At this point you will notice that your screen will go black for few second and your ps3 will reboot and your “aa” user account is automatically renamed to “reActPSN v2.0 1rjf 0edatr” (it can be named different if you are using a version other than what I have supplied below).
  9. Now login to your regular account, open multiman and scroll to “Retro” column. Any game that you have dumped in “PS2ISO” folder should be displayed there.
  10. Select the game you want to play and press “X” only once. Now multiman will start processing your PS2 iso and will convert it into a PS2 Classic. Depending on ISO file size processing times may vary so be patient and let multiman process your ISO properly.
  11. Once multiman is finished processing, you will notice that “[PS2 Classic]” will appear in front of your game’s name. Now load that file just like you would load your PS3 game and multiman will send you back to XMB.
  12. Scroll to PS2 Classics Placeholder and launch your PS2 game!

** Updated ReactPSN 3.15 - Better Encryption for PS2 ISO **
** Make Sure to Update Multiman to Ver 4.60 **

You can go to the link below to see emulator compatibility (credit to GanjaHax)
Click>>>
You must login or register to view this content.

DOWNLOAD

You must login or register to view this content.| You must login or register to view this content.
You must login or register to view this content.| You must login or register to view this content.

CREDITS

[*=center]Venutech .ca (You can visit his blog --> You must login or register to view this content.)
    [*=center]Myself for refining and organizing his tutorial in proper steps

** DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY OF ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR CONSOLE. I HAVE TRIED AND TESTED THIS METHOD AND IT WORKED FOR ME. **
Last edited by Respect_Cartman ; 12-28-2014 at 07:07 PM.

The following 26 users say thank you to Respect_Cartman for this useful post:

Hammy, bmob10189, cali123, Cobra-_-Eyes, cod5cl, Cyb3r, Riften, Dog88Christian, javiermodz, joni_djESP, jordan70460, kazzbakkisback, Deleted-User0000000012210, Norway-_-1999, John, raduboxer, RebugAlex, Snoop, Swifter, Synergy, The★A1★HAXO_oR, UnRatedGamer, WhyUMadKid, xSONY_NGUx, XuPz_MoDz, zKillShxt
07-09-2014, 05:14 AM #20
Respect_Cartman
Maggbot timeout!
Sorry for late responses guys. I was not getting thread notifications. Thank you for your patience! Shiver
07-09-2014, 05:34 AM #21
Originally posted by Cartman View Post
Just click on Copy and make a backup on your HDD. Once it is on HDD than convert it from "Retro" menu.

There was no copy option at all.
Whenever I would try to copy it, it glitched and selected another game on my HDD.
07-09-2014, 07:16 AM #22
raduboxer
Vault dweller
Just click on Copy and make a backup on your HDD. Once it is on HDD than convert it from "Retro" menu.
im playing off HDMI man these games are so laggy its almost unplayable have you ever experienced these issues? or could my initial encryption caused this
07-09-2014, 09:49 AM #23
Respect_Cartman
Maggbot timeout!
Originally posted by MrBerrics View Post
There was no copy option at all.
Whenever I would try to copy it, it glitched and selected another game on my HDD.

Clean your disk. It may be scratched up.
07-09-2014, 09:49 AM #24
Respect_Cartman
Maggbot timeout!
Originally posted by raduboxer View Post
im playing off HDMI man these games are so laggy its almost unplayable have you ever experienced these issues? or could my initial encryption caused this

No idea about lags. I dont hVe any lag issues. Try clearing your cache.

It could be a corrupted file. Did you re do your game image after converting to cex or still running same copy from when you were on dex?

If you didnt then try making a new classic in cex and see if problem is resolved.
Last edited by Respect_Cartman ; 07-09-2014 at 09:54 AM.
07-09-2014, 06:17 PM #25
What would happen if I am signed in... Will my username show I'm playing that game

Edit****
My ps3 went to a blank screen and Stayed there... I'm on 4.55 dex ps3ita
Do you kno a fix
Last edited by UnholyTalonTSi ; 07-09-2014 at 10:34 PM.
07-09-2014, 07:31 PM #26
Clean your disk. It may be scratched up.

In multiman, it reads it. "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" and then says PS2 disc.
07-09-2014, 07:53 PM #27
Respect_Cartman
Maggbot timeout!
Originally posted by MrBerrics View Post
In multiman, it reads it. "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" and then says PS2 disc.

If it reads doesnt mean that the disk sectors might not be mate bro Smile Do you have any other disk? I mean it is pretty simple as pressing triangle then selecting copy and thats it.

You can also try ripping the ps2 disc on your computer and transfer using filezilla client.
Last edited by Respect_Cartman ; 07-09-2014 at 08:03 PM.

The following user thanked Respect_Cartman for this useful post:

MrBerrics
07-09-2014, 07:55 PM #28
If it reads doesnt mean that the disk sectors might not be mate bro Smile Do you have any other disk? I mean it is pretty simple as pressing square then selecting copy and thats it.

Yeah I know how to do it, it just doesn't give me the option to press square for game options.
It's ok, I don't really need to do this, I just thought it would be cool to play some old games.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo