I see a lot of people in the questions section of this thread having trouble switching firmwares after using Rogero's 999 Downgrader. They usually get a corrupted firmware error.
The easy fix for this is to install Rogero 3.55 CFW v3.7 or Rebug 3.55.4 CFW and then install any CFW 3.55+ over it.
Simple post but should help a few people
Instructions (for the noobs)
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE QA TOGGLED
- Download the Custom Firmware Linked Below
- Put it on a USB Mass Storage Device or External HDD
- Place in the directory PS3/UPDATE/
- Name the file PS3UPDAT.PUP if not done so already
- Safely eject and plug USB in PS3 then install under Settings/System Update/Update via Storage Media
Here's the link to the CFWs: You must login or register to view this content.
You must login or register to view this content.