THREAD: How to fix Black Screen for Resident Evil Revelations 2
  1. 05-14-2015, 04:30 AM
    Phreaker
    Bounty hunter
    Phreaker
    Bounty hunter
    NextGenUpdate
    Hello NGU, Phreaker here Smile
    Today I'm going to help fix black screen for any Game you get this black screen with Smile

Here is how to fix the black screen on Resident Evil Revelations 2 or any other game you get black screen with when playing from Backup, Disc, Or PSN Version of the game on DEX

Go to Debug Setting and scroll down to where you see Boot Mode and change it to Release Mode

Down side to playing on Release Mode is you can not edit memory in real time with PS3 Debugger while in Release Mode it only works in System Software Mode, So if you want to real time edit this game you will have to use CCAPI on DEX.

To go back to System Software Mode just do the steps I just said but instead of Release Mode do System Software Mode to take your PS3 back to normal.

I hope i helped you guys if so please give thanks Smile <3

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phreaker For This Useful Post:

3. 05-14-2015, 04:42 AM
    KAOSxGaming
    At least I can fight
    KAOSxGaming
    At least I can fight
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Phreaker View Post
    Today I'm going to help fix black screen for any Game you get this black screen with Smile

Here is how to fix the black screen on Resident Evil Revelations 2 or any other game you get black screen with when playing from Backup, Disc, Or PSN Version of the game on DEX

Go to Debug Setting and scroll down to where you see Boot Mode and change it to Release Mode

Down side to playing on Release Mode is you can not edit memory in real time with PS3 Debugger while in Release Mode it only works in System Software Mode, So if you want to real time edit this game you will have to use CCAPI on DEX.

To go back to System Software Mode just do the steps I just said but instead of Release Mode do System Software Mode to take your PS3 back to normal.

There is some other threads about this but about different games but Answer to Help is always appreciated.
  4. The Following User Thanked KAOSxGaming For This Useful Post:

5. 06-13-2015, 10:59 PM
    royston1990
    Bounty hunter
    royston1990
    Bounty hunter
    NextGenUpdate
    thanks mate ur a life safer Smile
  6. 06-13-2015, 11:06 PM
    NextGenUpdate

Nice post Smile
  7. The Following User Thanked samet2013 For This Useful Post:

8. 06-14-2015, 03:28 AM
    Phreaker
    Bounty hunter
    Phreaker
    Bounty hunter
    NextGenUpdate
    Thank you Happy
  9. 08-19-2015, 12:02 AM
    muginmr6
    Haxor!
    muginmr6
    Haxor!
    NextGenUpdate
    Debug settings Release Mode
  10. 12-17-2015, 08:59 PM
    Pula
    < ^ > < ^ >
    Pula
    < ^ > < ^ >
    NextGenUpdate

i still get the black screen after starting :-/ on 1.00 the ame is working fine after i upate to 1.04 i get black screen at start goddam wtf is this
  11. 12-17-2015, 09:00 PM
    Pula
    < ^ > < ^ >
    Pula
    < ^ > < ^ >
    NextGenUpdate

i still get the black screen after starting :-/ on 1.00 the game is working fine after i update to 1.04 i get black screen at start, goddam wtf is this
    is the game data from the patches only 124mb big becose thats what he is downloading after that i get that black screen, dk but dosent the ps3 not supose to install all patches not only 1.04?
    Last edited by Pula ; 12-17-2015 at 09:07 PM.

12. 08-03-2018, 12:14 AM
    NextGenUpdate
    You can still use an Debugger on those game

to make it work

just follow this tutorial by FBML ,Dron_3 , Bungholio CMP

WORK AROUND FOR UNPLAYBLE DEX GAMES (HACK) :

1- UNPLUG YOUR CONNECTION CABLE.

2- IN REBUG TOOLBOX SET:
    A- SYSTEM MODE - REBUG.
    B- XMB OPERATION MODE - RETAIL
    C- DEBUG MENU TYPE - CEX QA

3- REBOOT.

4- DO NOT PLUG YOUR CONNECTION CABLE YET

5- START THE GAME AND WHEN YOU REACH THE PLACE WHERE YOU WANT TO DEBUG, PLUG YOUR CONNECTION CABLE. IT'S UNSTABLE BUT USEFUL.

IF THE GAME STILL NOT BOOTING MAYBE YOU NEED TO:

1- DISABLE webman IN REBUG TOOLBOX.

2- UNINSTALL CONTROL CONSOLE API FROM YOUR PS3.

NOTE:*
    EVERY TIME WHEN GAME USED SYSUTILS LIKE SAVING/LOADING OR ACHIEVEMENTS UNLOCKING IT MAY CAUSE ERROR OR CRASH.
    ALL YOU CAN DO IS REBOOT YOUR PS3 AND POSSIBLY EVEN YOUR COMPUTER BECAUSE I CAN'T TELL IF IT SOMEHOW PERMANENTLY MESSED UP TARGET MANAGER.