Post: How to get rid of red screen of death and fix no applicable update data found
04-20-2016, 03:57 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); OK this i going to sound stupid but just try this, first to fix the red screen of death turn of your ps3 then take out the internal hdd, then turn on the ps3 without the hdd, you will get a messege system software could not be run correctly. second to fix no applicable update data found download the last cfw you were on before you got the rsod, i dont know if it has to be a downgrader or not but if you were on rebug 3.55 then you have to download and install that if you were on dex 3.55 then install that, if it wont work try to download the exact cfw you were on, so if you were on rebug 4.70 then try that, i cannot stress how much that it needs to be the exact cfw you were on and thats the reason why everyone is getting the no applicable update data was found, the red screen of death blocks all cfws all accept one witch is the one you had on last. please give me a thumbs up if this was helpful.

i have a similar work around for ps3 stuck in boot loop look me up, im not a techie but just check my other posts.

i forgot to mention that you might get stuck on the firmware that you get back into because i get an error when trying to change cfw and havent tested it yet because im writing this because im happy to have it fixed.

UPDATE: this is now a full fix you have to update to higher firmware of the same sort so if you are stuck on dex after doing the above then udate to d-rex, and if on cex then update to rex then you can downrade and from there go to any cfw you want and wont be stuck or limited any more i think this gives you a fresh install. thumbs up if it works i just want to know how many people has the same problem.
Last edited by jordanli8 ; 04-22-2016 at 07:34 AM.
04-20-2016, 06:42 PM #2
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by jordanli8 View Post
OK this i going to sound stupid but just try this, first to fix the red screen of death turn of your ps3 then take out the internal hdd, then turn on the ps3 without the hdd, you will get a messege system software could not be run correctly. second to fix no applicable update data found download the last cfw you were on before you got the rsod, i dont know if it has to be a downgrader or not but if you were on rebug 3.55 then you have to download and install that if you were on dex 3.55 then install that, if it wont work try to download the exact cfw you were on, so if you were on rebug 4.70 then try that, i cannot stress how much that it needs to be the exact cfw you were on and thats the reason why everyone is getting the no applicable update data was found, the red screen of death blocks all cfws all accept one witch is the one you had on last. please give me a thumbs up if this was helpful.

i have a similar work around for ps3 stuck in boot loop look me up, im not a techie but just check my other posts.

i forgot to mention that you might get stuck on the firmware that you get back into because i get an error when trying to change cfw and havent tested it yet because im writing this because im happy to have it fixed.

Thread moved to PS3 Mods and Cheats.
04-22-2016, 04:21 AM #3
iTzFlash
I am error
this happens to me when i try change my ps3 to dex or cex in Rebug toolbox if im on Dex and switch to cex i will get the screen of death then the no applicable Data so what i have to do is i have to install the same firmware but as cex because i was originally on Dex and attempted to switch to cex through rebug if that makes any sense xD
04-22-2016, 07:05 AM #4
to fix your problem update to d-rex from dex then you can downgrade again and go to any cfw, i think it resets it some how and gives you a fresh install, thumbs up if it works i just want to see how many people this helps and how many have the same problem.
Last edited by jordanli8 ; 04-22-2016 at 07:12 AM.
04-22-2016, 10:32 AM #5
magikk eddie
Do a barrel roll!
I'm stuck on 3.55 rogerom I can't get to newer version.. Help
04-22-2016, 02:57 PM #6
how did you get stuck there ? explain in detail.
04-27-2016, 03:12 AM #7
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by jordanli8 View Post
OK this i going to sound stupid but just try this, first to fix the red screen of death turn of your ps3 then take out the internal hdd, then turn on the ps3 without the hdd, you will get a messege system software could not be run correctly. second to fix no applicable update data found download the last cfw you were on before you got the rsod, i dont know if it has to be a downgrader or not but if you were on rebug 3.55 then you have to download and install that if you were on dex 3.55 then install that, if it wont work try to download the exact cfw you were on, so if you were on rebug 4.70 then try that, i cannot stress how much that it needs to be the exact cfw you were on and thats the reason why everyone is getting the no applicable update data was found, the red screen of death blocks all cfws all accept one witch is the one you had on last. please give me a thumbs up if this was helpful.

UPDATE: this is now a full fix you have to update to higher firmware of the same sort so if you are stuck on dex after doing the above then udate to d-rex, and if on cex then update to rex then you can downrade and from there go to any cfw you want and wont be stuck or limited any more i think this gives you a fresh install. thumbs up if it works i just want to know how many people has the same problem.

the method i use is a little different but it works 100% i've had 4 opportunities to test it and its has always fixed it permanently, your way sounds harder then how i do it, but in saying that every time i did it was from unbricking my ps3, cause i have a bad backup for ps3 i got rsod everytime i unbrick but easy fix which i think i posted twice. but method i use you need a spare hdd, which alot of people dont have
02-20-2019, 11:13 PM #8
I am on 4.82 ofw and am stuck on the red screen with foreign language. Any idea how to get rid of it?
02-23-2020, 09:10 AM #9
Originally posted by Molly-Lyn View Post
I am on 4.82 ofw and am stuck on the red screen with foreign language. Any idea how to get rid of it?

Sorry been absent for some time, did you fix it ??

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo