07-23-2018, 07:14 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I downloaded a game and it is a duplex and there are like 30 .rar files and stuff. How in the world do install this?
07-23-2018, 08:34 PM #2
MessinBound
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Username987 View Post
I downloaded a game and it is a duplex and there are like 30 .rar files and stuff. How in the world do install this?

Get Winrar, right click on either the .rar or .rar00 and click extract.
07-23-2018, 08:57 PM #3
Originally posted by MessinBound View Post
Get Winrar, right click on either the .rar or .rar00 and click extract.

but the file is so small compared to size of the disc or does that not matter? and there are so many is there a specific one to extract?
07-25-2018, 02:47 AM #4
MessinBound
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Username987 View Post
but the file is so small compared to size of the disc or does that not matter? and there are so many is there a specific one to extract?

The reason there are 30+ files is because the file has been split into multiple files for easy upload/upload limit on sites. So when you extract 1 rar, all the other rars will extract in that order and combine into 1 file (the game pkg/files)
So the number on the rar corresponds to the order winrar should 'unrar' so if you unrar'd the .rar it would go, .rar, .rar00, .rar01, .rar02, etc.
Last edited by MessinBound ; 07-25-2018 at 02:53 AM.

The following user thanked MessinBound for this useful post:

Username987
07-25-2018, 03:02 AM #5
Originally posted by MessinBound View Post
The reason there are 30+ files is because the file has been split into multiple files for easy upload/upload limit on sites. So when you extract 1 rar, all the other rars will extract in that order and combine into 1 file (the game pkg/files)
So the number on the rar corresponds to the order winrar should 'unrar' so if you unrar'd the .rar it would go, .rar, .rar00, .rar01, .rar02, etc.

oh ok that makes thanks man

The following user thanked Username987 for this useful post:

MessinBound
02-06-2020, 02:35 PM #6
Be careful with rar archives, they often contain viruses. I once came across such an archive, extracted its contents, and did not even suspect that there was a virus there. I created a bunch of files and folders all over the PC and it started to hang heavily. For a very long time I could not deal with this problem until I turned to my friend. He knows more about PC than I do, and advised me to download an antivirus and use You must login or register to view this content. to track all files and delete them permanently. After that, I'm wary of archives.
Last edited by DeLinux ; 02-06-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo