10-17-2018, 05:00 AM #1
oC_zUnKnOwNx
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey,sorry to spam this forum but I recently just made a post about how my ps3 forced me into recovery mode (during sign-in) after saying my ps3 files/users were corrupted. (causing me to re-setup my entire ps3)

Just now, while I was in-game, literally playing a game I got the huge pop-up (not in HDMI format) that wanted me to connect my controller and after that it said "The system was not turned off properly the last time It was used. The file on the system storage may be corrupted. This system will restart, check the file system and restore it if it is corrupted. If the file system is corrupted it may take 2-3 hours to complete." causing it to scan for corrupted data.

*another user claimed of having the same issue but nothing has been found. I was going to add to my previous thread but it was Closed before I could edit.

really curious to what this is, hopefully there are some answers soon.
Last edited by oC_zUnKnOwNx ; 10-22-2018 at 11:33 PM.
10-24-2018, 12:38 AM #2
Assoundly
Save Point
Having a similar issue like this
10-24-2018, 08:42 AM #3
Calculus
[MOVE]Welcome to NGU![/MOVE]
Originally posted by zUnKnOwNx View Post
Hey,sorry to spam this forum but I recently just made a post about how my ps3 forced me into recovery mode (during sign-in) after saying my ps3 files/users were corrupted. (causing me to re-setup my entire ps3)

Just now, while I was in-game, literally playing a game I got the huge pop-up (not in HDMI format) that wanted me to connect my controller and after that it said "The system was not turned off properly the last time It was used. The file on the system storage may be corrupted. This system will restart, check the file system and restore it if it is corrupted. If the file system is corrupted it may take 2-3 hours to complete." causing it to scan for corrupted data.

*another user claimed of having the same issue but nothing has been found. I was going to add to my previous thread but it was Closed before I could edit.

really curious to what this is, hopefully there are some answers soon.

Same thing I said to the other user. delete the games and their associated files that cause problems and reinstall. If your users are corrupt its best to format the hdd and reinstall CFW to be sure
12-21-2018, 05:09 AM #4
Assoundly
Save Point
There are multiple things that can fix this, and I honestly think that there should be a pinned thread on this or at least it should be added to the FAQ.

1: Reinstall the CFW.

2: Factory Reset PS3 and then Reinstall CFW.

3: Update to 4.82.2+

4: Disable Webman AND COBRA from REBUG Toolbox, Delete the corrupted files (the games you were on) from "Game Data Utility" and the "Saved Data Utility" on the accounts you were on before disabling Webman.

5: Disable your internet connection. Make a new user with no information on it, and do not create an account or sign in an account on that new user. The games will work fine.
12-21-2018, 05:11 AM #5
Assoundly
Save Point
Originally posted by Calculus View Post

You and @Like should read my above post. I went through every possible situation on my PS3 because I never wanted to have this problem again.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo