10-24-2018, 12:36 AM #1
Assoundly
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So my PS3 is being a fucking dickhead. Everytime I try to play a game, it will start to load it, but then go into safe mode. BO2 for example: I have tried WebMAN and Disc version, both have this problem: Start the game from XMB, Game loads. The icon for the game to be loading works, but then it "shuts off" or boots into a safemode like system. It displays the words, "Connect the controller using a USB cable, and then press the PS Button." I do this, it then gives me a list of shit that I'm not gonna type lol, but it tells me that "The system software cannot be run correctly. Please press the PS Button to try to restart the system." It then says that if it can't be restarted, plug in storage media and then update it, but every time it restarts perfectly fine. I've deleted the game files, I've gone into multiman and deleted everything that corresponds to the games I've done this with (GTA V and BO2). I really need help..

TLHappyR My PS3 goes to safe mode when I play games, help.
10-24-2018, 12:44 AM #2
Rocket League <3
Originally posted by Assoundly View Post
So my PS3 is being a fucking dickhead. Everytime I try to play a game, it will start to load it, but then go into safe mode. BO2 for example: I have tried WebMAN and Disc version, both have this problem: Start the game from XMB, Game loads. The icon for the game to be loading works, but then it "shuts off" or boots into a safemode like system. It displays the words, "Connect the controller using a USB cable, and then press the PS Button." I do this, it then gives me a list of shit that I'm not gonna type lol, but it tells me that "The system software cannot be run correctly. Please press the PS Button to try to restart the system." It then says that if it can't be restarted, plug in storage media and then update it, but every time it restarts perfectly fine. I've deleted the game files, I've gone into multiman and deleted everything that corresponds to the games I've done this with (GTA V and BO2). I really need help..

TLHappyR My PS3 goes to safe mode when I play games, help.

First which firmware are you on? If you're not on 4.82.2 Rebug id suggest updating to it, and if you are on 4.82.2 then id suggest trying to reinstall your firmware.
10-24-2018, 12:49 AM #3
Assoundly
Save Point
Originally posted by Like View Post
First which firmware are you on? If you're not on 4.82.2 Rebug id suggest updating to it, and if you are on 4.82.2 then id suggest trying to reinstall your firmware.

I'm on regular 4.82, but my firmware hasn't been a problem. Even after spoofing to 4.83 I didn't get any problems. I can sign in perfectly fine, use psn patch, sen enabler, rebug toolbox, Minecraft, and PS Ninja just fine. It's just these two games that give me this issue I noticed.
10-24-2018, 12:52 AM #4
Rocket League <3
I'm on regular 4.82, but my firmware hasn't been a problem. Even after spoofing to 4.83 I didn't get any problems. I can sign in perfectly fine, use psn patch, sen enabler, rebug toolbox, Minecraft, and PS Ninja just fine. It's just these two games that give me this issue I noticed.

Oh so other games work fine, its just GTA and BO2 that are causing issues? Are your GTA and BO2 BLUS or BLES?
10-24-2018, 01:01 AM #5
Assoundly
Save Point
I'll try another game, but so far it's just those two games. They're BLUS as well. It might be good to add that the games I have tried were installed from PS Store, but the disc games aren't working as well as WebMAN games. It would also be good to add that in the beginning it told me that my save data for the games was corrupted, then it went to this "Safe/Reboot" Mode.
10-24-2018, 01:05 AM #6
Assoundly
Save Point
Oh so other games work fine, its just GTA and BO2 that are causing issues? Are your GTA and BO2 BLUS or BLES?

Okay so it appears to be all games, whether I've played them on my ps3 or not.
10-24-2018, 01:10 AM #7
Rocket League <3
Okay so it appears to be all games, whether I've played them on my ps3 or not.

I would suggest trying to Rebuild Database from Safe Mode or if that does nothing then try to reinstall your firmware or update to 4.82.2.
10-24-2018, 01:14 AM #8
Assoundly
Save Point
I would suggest trying to Rebuild Database from Safe Mode or if that does nothing then try to reinstall your firmware or update to 4.82.2.

This is going to sound like a total noob question, but is there a way to update your firmware without a USB?
10-24-2018, 01:16 AM #9
Rocket League <3
This is going to sound like a total noob question, but is there a way to update your firmware without a USB?

Only updates you can do without a USB or E3 Flasher of some sort would be the Sony OFW updates as far as im aware, so no.
10-24-2018, 01:17 AM #10
Assoundly
Save Point
Only updates you can do without a USB or E3 Flasher of some sort would be the Sony OFW updates as far as im aware, so no.

Alright, thanks for your help.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo