01-08-2019, 06:00 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I bought a jB ps3 and it came in the mail on Friday. Model is CECH-2101A. The thing is idling at 80c after a couple days. I haven't even used much. I used it to run black ops 1 with a mod menu but for like less than an hour a day since the console usually freezes fast while playing. I already got the overheating message once while playing and turned the system off. The seller said he applied fresh thermal paste before he sold it. the thing is the fan starts to speed up 95 percent when its at 80c. It goes to 79c the fan slows down but then the cup heats up to 80 again and the fan goes full speed..it's a repetitive cycle
01-09-2019, 02:29 AM #2
xShowtime32x
Are you high?
I would open it up and remount the heatsink if I were you. They most likely didn't apply the right amount of thermal paste or mount the heatsink tight enough
01-09-2019, 06:27 PM #3
Originally posted by xShowtime32x View Post
I would open it up and remount the heatsink if I were you. They most likely didn't apply the right amount of thermal paste or mount the heatsink tight enough

I've never opened up a PS3 before. But you might be right, whenever I lift the PS3 up I can hear something loose
01-09-2019, 08:24 PM #4
Well I moved the PS3 closer to the ground and away from other systems and the temperature is at 68c idling. RSX 43c fan is too loud still at 95%. CPU doesn't seem to drop from 67-68c
01-09-2019, 11:43 PM #5
xShowtime32x
Are you high?
There are some plenty of tutorials on how to disassemble and put together a ps3. It's not as difficult as you'd think, but if you really aren't confident with opening it up, just try make sure it has room to breathe.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo