03-31-2017, 12:21 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have installed some games using Pexploit on my PS3. Some play fine but I have run into a problem. Some of them require an update to play. I want to know if there is a way that I can play the games that require an update without having to update my PS3. I read that I can edit the PARAM.SFO file to make games run on lower firmware. Is editing the PARAM.SFO all I have to do? I think it said that as long as my PS3 is 4.40 or higher it may work. I am on OFW 4.46. The games that don't require an update have been playing fine.
03-31-2017, 04:13 AM #2
Python
Bebe Snek
Originally posted by Theprodigyhnic View Post
I have installed some games using Pexploit on my PS3. Some play fine but I have run into a problem. Some of them require an update to play. I want to know if there is a way that I can play the games that require an update without having to update my PS3. I read that I can edit the PARAM.SFO file to make games run on lower firmware. Is editing the PARAM.SFO all I have to do? I think it said that as long as my PS3 is 4.40 or higher it may work. I am on OFW 4.46. The games that don't require an update have been playing fine.

Can you try Editing the PARAM.SFO and give me the results?
03-31-2017, 07:00 PM #3
Originally posted by Python View Post
Can you try Editing the PARAM.SFO and give me the results?

I edited the PARAM.SFO to play on a lower firmware but not it wants me to sign in to PSN to resign the game.
04-01-2017, 06:51 AM #4
Originally posted by Theprodigyhnic View Post
I have installed some games using Pexploit on my PS3. Some play fine but I have run into a problem. Some of them require an update to play. I want to know if there is a way that I can play the games that require an update without having to update my PS3. I read that I can edit the PARAM.SFO file to make games run on lower firmware. Is editing the PARAM.SFO all I have to do? I think it said that as long as my PS3 is 4.40 or higher it may work. I am on OFW 4.46. The games that don't require an update have been playing fine.

If your ps3 is ofw, then why worry about updating your ps3 ?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo