05-01-2017, 01:17 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello all, I have successfuly downgraded both my PS3s now and a friends and have no real problems apart from copying games is SLOWWWW, My current method is filezilla on a wired connection on both PC and PS3 but transfer times are still a bit slow for me, Ive had same problems on latest Rebug Rex CFW and D-Rex CFW, My question is now that the ps3 is on CFW is there any way to copy games by simply pulling out the HDD from the PS3 and connecting it to my PC to transfer files that way, Should be a much faster transfer rate if it's possible, I'm sure i remember reading somewhere about the HDDs from any PS3 has some form of encryption on it so not just a case of plug and play but maybe now it is unlocked I can get the encryption key from the ps3 to be able to read it on the computer, ???
05-01-2017, 08:16 PM #2
Originally posted by campbell1987 View Post
Hello all, I have successfuly downgraded both my PS3s now and a friends and have no real problems apart from copying games is SLOWWWW, My current method is filezilla on a wired connection on both PC and PS3 but transfer times are still a bit slow for me, Ive had same problems on latest Rebug Rex CFW and D-Rex CFW, My question is now that the ps3 is on CFW is there any way to copy games by simply pulling out the HDD from the PS3 and connecting it to my PC to transfer files that way, Should be a much faster transfer rate if it's possible, I'm sure i remember reading somewhere about the HDDs from any PS3 has some form of encryption on it so not just a case of plug and play but maybe now it is unlocked I can get the encryption key from the ps3 to be able to read it on the computer, ???

Use a flash drive or a external hard drive.
05-01-2017, 08:58 PM #3
Originally posted by UnholyTalonTSi View Post
Use a flash drive or a external hard drive.

How though, The games i want to copy are over 4gb so FAT32 is no good and PS3 doesnt read NTFS so what format does it need to be then?
05-02-2017, 02:02 AM #4
Originally posted by campbell1987 View Post
How though, The games i want to copy are over 4gb so FAT32 is no good and PS3 doesnt read NTFS so what format does it need to be then?

I use a external hard drive, you just have to make sure what ever you use is large enough.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo