05-12-2017, 04:54 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I think I bricked my ps3 while downgrading it. When I turn it on the light goes green then yellow then turns off. I still have my original bkpps3 saved. I have my first switch up then the rest down to install the bkpps3 but I cant install it cause it turns off right after I turn it on. Suggestions?
Last edited by AlexNGU ; 05-12-2017 at 05:21 AM.
05-12-2017, 06:21 AM #2
MessinBound
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by AlexNGU View Post
I think I bricked my ps3 while downgrading it. When I turn it on the light goes green then yellow then turns off. I still have my original bkpps3 saved. I have my first switch up then the rest down to install the bkpps3 but I cant install it cause it turns off right after I turn it on. Suggestions?

Did you replace thermal paste?
05-12-2017, 12:57 PM #3
No. It didn't start happening until I installed a patched bkpps3.
05-12-2017, 01:23 PM #4
Dro
i<3myPs3
No. It didn't start happening until I installed a patched bkpps3.

This could be the result of a short (or damage) during the flash..
It could also be the result of a bad flash..

If this is a result of a short or damage, you will have to fix the damage, or otherwise its done for..

If this is a result of a bad flash, you can fix this by flashing a good backup to the console (if you have one..)
if the console will not stay powered on long enough for you to reflash the console, you will need to:

Solder a wire from the tristate (you will need to google your mobo or post a pic here) to a ground. This will allow the console to stay powered for you to flash a good backup.
fun flash mode should be up on the e3 flasher, the rest of the switches should be down. Once you have flashed a good backup to the console you can remove the wire and power on the console.
05-14-2017, 12:43 AM #5
I think I bricked my ps3 while downgrading it. When I turn it on the light goes green then yellow then turns off. I still have my original bkpps3 saved. I have my first switch up then the rest down to install the bkpps3 but I cant install it cause it turns off right after I turn it on. Suggestions?

If you know how to solder, you will need to that (its the only way) and you will need your original bkpps3.

If you have no clue on how to solder... Sorry, but you need to buy another ps3.
05-15-2017, 10:33 PM #6
Originally posted by Dro View Post
This could be the result of a short (or damage) during the flash..
It could also be the result of a bad flash..

If this is a result of a short or damage, you will have to fix the damage, or otherwise its done for..

If this is a result of a bad flash, you can fix this by flashing a good backup to the console (if you have one..)
if the console will not stay powered on long enough for you to reflash the console, you will need to:

Solder a wire from the tristate (you will need to google your mobo or post a pic here) to a ground. This will allow the console to stay powered for you to flash a good backup.
fun flash mode should be up on the e3 flasher, the rest of the switches should be down. Once you have flashed a good backup to the console you can remove the wire and power on the console.

I'm new to all of this so please bare with me. Here is a pic of my mobo: You must login or register to view this content. (I assumed the general location of ground/tristate so if you need a better picture let me know) If you could show me which two points are which that would be greatly appreciated. I have a few questions on the materials I need to perform this. Would a "30 Watt Pencil Type Soldering Welding Gun Iron Hobby Heating Tool" be adequate to perform this job? It's the cheapest one I could find considering I don't plan on needing to use it very often. Will "1/2 oz SOLDER WIRE TIN LEAD 60/40 Resin Core 0.05 Electronic Circuit-Boards" suffice for solder? Lastly, what kind of wire do I need to get? Would "BNTECHGO 18 Gauge Silicone Wire Soft and Flexible 18 AWG Silicone Wire 150 Strands of copper wire 5 ft Black And 5 ft Red Super low electrical resistance for a highly efficient connection" work? Links for any of this would be very helpful. Thanks for your time.
05-16-2017, 02:10 AM #7
Dro
i<3myPs3
I'm new to all of this so please bare with me. Here is a pic of my mobo: You must login or register to view this content. (I assumed the general location of ground/tristate so if you need a better picture let me know) If you could show me which two points are which that would be greatly appreciated. I have a few questions on the materials I need to perform this. Would a "30 Watt Pencil Type Soldering Welding Gun Iron Hobby Heating Tool" be adequate to perform this job? It's the cheapest one I could find considering I don't plan on needing to use it very often. Will "1/2 oz SOLDER WIRE TIN LEAD 60/40 Resin Core 0.05 Electronic Circuit-Boards" suffice for solder? Lastly, what kind of wire do I need to get? Would "BNTECHGO 18 Gauge Silicone Wire Soft and Flexible 18 AWG Silicone Wire 150 Strands of copper wire 5 ft Black And 5 ft Red Super low electrical resistance for a highly efficient connection" work? Links for any of this would be very helpful. Thanks for your time.

That all sounds fine. Be VERY careful when soldering and desoldering these points..
Just to save you one less point to have to solder, you can stick the ground into the fan plug ground, if you want.

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Dro ; 05-16-2017 at 02:14 AM.
05-16-2017, 02:12 AM #8
Originally posted by Dro View Post
That all sounds fine. Be VERY careful when soldering and desoldering these points..
Just to save you one less point to have to solder, you can stick the ground into the fan plug ground if you want.

You must login or register to view this content.

And I only need to solder to 1 ground? Does it matter which?
05-16-2017, 02:32 AM #9
Dro
i<3myPs3
And I only need to solder to 1 ground? Does it matter which?

yes you only need one ground, doesn't matter which.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo