05-18-2017, 08:24 PM #1
Why So Serious?
Help Me Get My Nxt StaR*
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi people. Old time poster here. Anyways. Gotta PS3 and was downloading GTA last night. Got to 34% then stopped. Couldn't exit out or nothing. So had to force manual shut down ( take plug out) anyways now when I switch it on it says 'Cannot start the appropriate system storage was not found' so I've googled this and people say take HDD out clean it blah blah blah ice
Tried this no luck. Also tried to put it in safe mode but I simply cannot get it in. I've tried it many times.

Now what can I do before I go buy a new HDD as I don't really have time.

How can I get it into safe mode?
Is the PS3 bricked ?

Thanks
05-18-2017, 08:40 PM #2
Originally posted by Why
Hi people. Old time poster here. Anyways. Gotta PS3 and was downloading GTA last night. Got to 34% then stopped. Couldn't exit out or nothing. So had to force manual shut down ( take plug out) anyways now when I switch it on it says 'Cannot start the appropriate system storage was not found' so I've googled this and people say take HDD out clean it blah blah blah ice
Tried this no luck. Also tried to put it in safe mode but I simply cannot get it in. I've tried it many times.

Is the PS3 bricked ?

Thanks

Your ps3 isnt bricked. Turn on the ps3 and hit yes on the message and if that doesnt fix it you may need to reinstall CFW. If after all that u got the same error on gta then it could be the hdd or the cd thats kinda hard to tell tbh.
05-18-2017, 08:49 PM #3
Why So Serious?
Help Me Get My Nxt StaR*
Originally posted by Mitches View Post
Your ps3 isnt bricked. Turn on the ps3 and hit yes on the message and if that doesnt fix it you may need to reinstall CFW. If after all that u got the same error on gta then it could be the hdd or the cd thats kinda hard to tell tbh.

I can't click on anything. Just says system storage cannot be found.
05-18-2017, 08:57 PM #4
Your PS3 isn't bricked, I think. What might have happened is that you somehow ran out of space or your HDD conked out. I think, to get to safe mode, that you turn on your playstation, hold the power button until it turns off, turn it on again using the button (the one on the front of course, by the disc drive) but hold your finger on the button, until it beeps twice. After the second beep let go and you should be in safe mode. Maybe you have to power it on again, maybe not. I don't remember. Try that and get back to me.
05-18-2017, 09:25 PM #5
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by Why
Hi people. Old time poster here. Anyways. Gotta PS3 and was downloading GTA last night. Got to 34% then stopped. Couldn't exit out or nothing. So had to force manual shut down ( take plug out) anyways now when I switch it on it says 'Cannot start the appropriate system storage was not found' so I've googled this and people say take HDD out clean it blah blah blah ice

Is the PS3 bricked ?

Thanks

You can boot your ps3 into recovery mode like this:

1. Press the button to turn off the console
2. Press and hold the power button. You will hear 1 beep when it turns on, one more single beep, and then two beeps, in which case you can let go of the power button.
Recovery mode should boot up.

'Cannot start the appropriate system storage was not found' : you will receive this error when the ps3 cannot find a hdd at all in the console.
05-19-2017, 12:48 AM #6
Why So Serious?
Help Me Get My Nxt StaR*
Originally posted by ObeHaxx View Post
Your PS3 isn't bricked, I think. What might have happened is that you somehow ran out of space or your HDD conked out. I think, to get to safe mode, that you turn on your playstation, hold the power button until it turns off, turn it on again using the button (the one on the front of course, by the disc drive) but hold your finger on the button, until it beeps twice. After the second beep let go and you should be in safe mode. Maybe you have to power it on again, maybe not. I don't remember. Try that and get back to me.

Just boots back to 'cannot find storage space error blah blah blah
Originally posted by Dro View Post
You can boot your ps3 into recovery mode like this:

1. Press the button to turn off the console
2. Press and hold the power button. You will hear 1 beep when it turns on, one more single beep, and then two beeps, in which case you can let go of the power button.
Recovery mode should boot up.

'Cannot start the appropriate system storage was not found' : you will receive this error when the ps3 cannot find a hdd at all in the console.

I've tried this and there's absolutely no joy ???
05-19-2017, 03:33 AM #7
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by Why
Just boots back to 'cannot find storage space error blah blah blah

I've tried this and there's absolutely no joy ???

There's not much you can do, other than to try a new hdd. The console is not recognizing it. Any 2.5" sata hdd will work.
Last edited by Dro ; 05-19-2017 at 03:35 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo