06-28-2017, 05:24 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Like it says in the title, I am trying to find some information on Pointer scanning.

I'm playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (NPEB01140) Version 1.01.

I'm unfamiliar with PS3 memory scanning, but have been using Cheat Engine for years on the PC. Never really grasped how to find pointers.

So I am searching using NetCheat by Dnawrkshp and find several Dynamic Addresses showing the "money". I can do a pointer search for the dynamic addresses, which gives me a list of 1000+ results.

I've googled around for more information on this, as well as watched the youtube video by Dnawrkshp, I have read the other threads on NGU about it, most just refer to GTA or one to Minecraft. I understand the concept, but I can't see where i'm going wrong.

What I do:
Load Game
Connect + Attach NetCheat
Load Ranges
Search for Money
Write new value to Money
(Fail, so must be pointer?)

What I do next:
Open another NetCheat
Search same ranges for pointers with value of money address (
There is always 2 addresses for the money)
Thousands of results

Where do I proceed from here? Dnawrkshp pauses his youtube video, and skips over some of the details needed at this point so it doesn't help explain it. He's done enough by creating NetCheat so I thought i'd ask the community for a little help on this instead.

There seems to be a real lack of information on the internet regarding PS3 and Pointer searching, especially regarding multi level pointers.

PS, I am on DEX, running TMAPI, have set NetCheat to TMAPI API, and have created a DEBUG EBOOT.

I'm not sure which section this goes in, so i'm hoping someone will move it if necessary. Thanks in advance.
06-28-2017, 09:06 PM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by Fighter View Post
Like it says in the title, I am trying to find some information on Pointer scanning.

I'm playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (NPEB01140) Version 1.01.

I'm unfamiliar with PS3 memory scanning, but have been using Cheat Engine for years on the PC. Never really grasped how to find pointers.

So I am searching using NetCheat by Dnawrkshp and find several Dynamic Addresses showing the "money". I can do a pointer search for the dynamic addresses, which gives me a list of 1000+ results.

I've googled around for more information on this, as well as watched the youtube video by Dnawrkshp, I have read the other threads on NGU about it, most just refer to GTA or one to Minecraft. I understand the concept, but I can't see where i'm going wrong.

What I do:
Load Game
Connect + Attach NetCheat
Load Ranges
Search for Money
Write new value to Money
(Fail, so must be pointer?)

What I do next:
Open another NetCheat
Search same ranges for pointers with value of money address (
There is always 2 addresses for the money)
Thousands of results

Where do I proceed from here? Dnawrkshp pauses his youtube video, and skips over some of the details needed at this point so it doesn't help explain it. He's done enough by creating NetCheat so I thought i'd ask the community for a little help on this instead.

There seems to be a real lack of information on the internet regarding PS3 and Pointer searching, especially regarding multi level pointers.

PS, I am on DEX, running TMAPI, have set NetCheat to TMAPI API, and have created a DEBUG EBOOT.

I'm not sure which section this goes in, so i'm hoping someone will move it if necessary. Thanks in advance.

ok so you are finding 2 (dynamic) addresses for money each time, right? Obviously you will want the address that actually changes the money.

You take the first address you find, and put it in a pointer scan, and click initial scan.

restart your game (or otherwise get the address to change, there can be different methods for different games)

When the game restarts, find the new (dynamic) address for money.

Put that in your pointer scan and click next scan.

You should have some results. these are your pointers and you can use whichever seems to be the best one (working after every restart of the game)

You can also restart the game, get the new (dynamic) address and put it through the pointer scan and click next scan. You can repeat that process to clean it up and pinpoint the very best pointer(s).

hope that helps!
Last edited by Dro ; 06-28-2017 at 09:11 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo