12-29-2018, 06:41 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello, today i upgraded my PS3's hard drive. The fw on the old hdd was Rebug 4.81.2 Dex on the old hdd so I put the same fw on the new but later updated it to 4.82.2. I was hoping that I could get my old files using a pc but it turns out that all the used space is a partition that my pc can't read. Is it possible to put back the old hdd on my PS3 and ftp my files or will it cause a problem because of the fw on the new hdd? Is it possible to just use some kind of program to access my files using a computer?
Last edited by jimminer ; 12-29-2018 at 11:26 PM.
12-31-2018, 06:25 PM #2
For anyone having the same problem here's how I managed to get my files from the old hdd: I put the old hdd in my PS3 and it asked me to update the fw so I updated it to 4.82.2 (the same fw as the new hdd). I then ftped the files that i needed to my computer. Then i swapped out the hdd's and because they both had the same fw it didn't ask for an update. After that I formatted the old hdd to FAT32 and with a sata to usb adaptor I can use it as an external hdd.

This thread can now be closed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo