THREAD: PS3 Fat Fan Question.
  1. 06-26-2015, 08:13 AM
    xPurpBoyyx
    Bounty hunter
    xPurpBoyyx
    Bounty hunter
    NextGenUpdate
    Hello, I am xPurpBoyyx. My OFW (Official Firmware) PS3 is a CECHH01 and it is my baby. It has had the YLOD once before and I've re-flowed it myself. The fan seems to be working a bit hard though after about an hour of play. What I mean is it acts like it's been on and active for 5 hours. It's not crazy but kinda worries me. Should I check my paste and re-apply AS5 and check the pressure clips?
  2. 06-26-2015, 05:45 PM
    NickBeHaxing
    <span style="background:url(http://media.giphy.com/media/SYrMAmJZT4YcU/giphy.gif);font-weight:bold;color:white;">Stoner Zone</span>
    NickBeHaxing
    <span style="background:url(http://media.giphy.com/media/SYrMAmJZT4YcU/giphy.gif);font-weight:bold;color:white;">Stoner Zone</span>
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by xPurpBoyyx View Post
    Hello, I am xPurpBoyyx. My OFW (Official Firmware) PS3 is a CECHH01 and it is my baby. It has had the YLOD once before and I've re-flowed it myself. The fan seems to be working a bit hard though after about an hour of play. What I mean is it acts like it's been on and active for 5 hours. It's not crazy but kinda worries me. Should I check my paste and re-apply AS5 and check the pressure clips?

when your ps3 hits a certain temperature the fan speeds up so the ps3 doesn't break. i think its time for a new thermal paste job bro
  3. 06-26-2015, 07:21 PM
    Kas
    Kas
    n/a
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by xPurpBoyyx View Post

Make sure your ps3 is in a open area getting a good amount of air. You can replace your thermal paste but it won't make much of a difference. As nick said it's designed to spin the fans faster when it reaches a certain temp or your ps3 will over heat
  4. The Following User Thanked Kas For This Useful Post: